Nissan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI GUYS,

I HAVE AN 05 ALTIMA SER , AND WHEN AT IDLE I SEE MY OIL PRESSURE DROP SLOWLY TO 0...WHAT CAN IT BE WRONG...HELP!!
THANKS

·
Registered
591 Posts
Sorry I didn't see your post earlier and hope the problem was easy to sort, but I will post incase it may help anybody else. Get the pressure checked with a direct read oil pressure gauge to make sure the is a real problem and not a faulty gauge. You could have a bad oil pressure pump or a blocked oil way. I wouldn't run the engine until you can get it checked or you will damage the engine if the reading you are seeing is correct. Hopefully it may be just a fault in your gauge or oil pressure sender unit.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Oil psi

I've been dealing with this same problem for months, replaced the sending unit and still reading 0 when idle and 90-120 when accelerating. I believe your oil psi should be between 30-60 normally, my next thing i'll be doing is replacing my actual gauges. If you find the problem I would love to know what it was, till then i'll be shopping for replacement gauges.

·
Super Moderator
1,065 Posts
Whats the oil pressure when at a high idle? Does it raise when the RPMs go up?

·
Registered
49 Posts
If it's dropping to 0 and going back and forth, it's the sending unit. I had the same problem in mine. I saw that you'd replaced it, but it might be work a 2nd look. If you're sure that's not the problem, I'd wager that it's the gauge itself.

·
Registered
15 Posts
The Altima SE-R's had a bad oil sending unit in them. It was supposed to be covered under the warranty, however trying to get a dealership to pay for it is like pulling teeth. Most of them will try to find some excuse as to why it is not covered.

·
Registered
15 Posts
The dealership is given the money for the part, however they do not recieve any money to cover the cost of the labor. They only get reimbursed for the parts.

·