Nissan Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys I did a lot of research and now I'm pretty far in the project.
Im makin an honest beast of a sentra WITH the ga16de engine.
this is what I got going into the project.
One off custom Wiseco forged 1mm over pistons
One off custom Pauter I beam rods
Stage 3 head(ported,polished,3 angle job ect.)
Custom intake manifold
Mustang 70mm throttle body
RC Engineering 750cc Top feed Injectors
Custom Tubular Turbo manifold
Custom 3 inch downpipe and exhaust
Greddy 4 inch Tic muffler
aeromotive fuel press. reg.
Tial 41mm wastegate
Greddy type R bov
Custom Copper 1mm headgasket
a universal intercooler piping kit and cufflings
ARC intercooler
Walrboro 255 fuel pump
ACT clutch and pressure plate,(didnt want to change the flywheel,it would probably break the drive shaft at the line haha)
And a Stand alone Microtech LT12

And these are some pics I have of the pistons,rods,gasket,polished crankshaft, and intercooler piping and the engine after boring and honing

THIS IS WHAT USED TO BE IN THE BLOCK BLAH

well I think its goin to be another 3 months till finish, but I hope to produce about 350hp at 24psi on pump gass and stock cams.
I'll keep you guys posted and when im done I'll have vids of the first startup and dyno.
I mean there arent many ga16de engines fully built,so I'm trying to get one.haha one thing though its costing me A WHOOOOOOOLE LOT OF MONEY

·
Destroyer of Engines
561 Posts
Cool, glad to see someone going with a built GA16DET. What compression ratio are you going with?

·
Registered
86 Posts
how much did it run you for the pistons and rods? and also do you know where i can get bigger valves? i think that if you were to bore out the valves you could easily put in sr20 valves...but idk, i also heard that if you use a 2mm sheetmetal cutout for head gasket it helps lower your compression and it allows you to run like 14 lbs of boost...but i always forget what the compression is stock....:confused:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea man

how much did it run you for the pistons and rods? and also do you know where i can get bigger valves? i think that if you were to bore out the valves you could easily put in sr20 valves...but idk, i also heard that if you use a 2mm sheetmetal cutout for head gasket it helps lower your compression and it allows you to run like 14 lbs of boost...but i always forget what the compression is stock....:confused:
the pistons cost me $900 but its because i had to ship them all the way to Aruba
the rods were $800
well bigger valves Ferea can make them for you,but its a custom order which makes it ridiculously expensive so im staying with stock ones.
sheetmetal gaskets can be cut out but i wouldnt recomendid,because of heat you are goin to have to torque the head studs constantly.
as far as the sr20valves go,as soon as you make those holes bigger your going to have to change all the springs,seats ect....which again will cost a lot of money

And no i didnt have to grind the counterweights,but one thing though I had to grind on the bottom of the cylinder for clearance for the Ibeam rods it was like 0.2mm

any other questions just ask,so I can make your project easier,because I went through a lot of parts that didnt work

·
Registered
86 Posts
shit $1700 for a bottom end is redic man lol but im sure it will be worth it when you have it all set up.

i dont think the lightweight flywheel will break the drive shaft.... but maybe you can get a forged one from THE DRIVESHAFT SHOP they do custom stuff like that i was gonna have them make me one to fit a 94 mustang rear end to an rb26 tranny

·
Registered
18 Posts
What mods will you be doing to the gear box to take the abuse? I hear one guy who made over 300HP on his GA16dne used a SR20de gearbox. Again well done!! Can't wait for more pics.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i dont exactly know yet but were lookin for other options besides the sr20 gearbox
they can build one for me but thats goin to be tons of money

·
Wise Cracker
5,730 Posts
Ni project, I am going to move this to the GA16 forum as it really belongs there and will hopefully get more interest and traffic there. Nice to see someone actually building a bottom end ;)

My gearbox has held up pretty well thus far. I have been making in excess of 250-270 wheel horsepower for a few years now and have had nothing but a syncro issue on an otherwise stock gearbox. I would recommend red-line shock-proof in the box to help before you build it. I too am looking for real LSD options for our tranny, I will likely have to have one made custom as nothing has panned out so far.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ok

Ni project, I am going to move this to the GA16 forum as it really belongs there and will hopefully get more interest and traffic there. Nice to see someone actually building a bottom end ;)

My gearbox has held up pretty well thus far. I have been making in excess of 250-270 wheel horsepower for a few years now and have had nothing but a syncro issue on an otherwise stock gearbox. I would recommend red-line shock-proof in the box to help before you build it. I too am looking for real LSD options for our tranny, I will likely have to have one made custom as nothing has panned out so far.
well if you do find something Wes let me know,and actually ive heard of people goin on stock gearbox for a while but I'm affraid what the tiny engine will produce

·
Registered
485 Posts

·
B13 GA16DET
206 Posts
I too am looking for real LSD options for our tranny, I will likely have to have one made custom as nothing has panned out so far.
I already have the jgy stiff spring LSD. It is not a true limited slip and is nowhere near as good as a true 1.5 way clutch style LSD.
i heard those lsd's get loose after a while, and you have to keep adjusting it. was that the same issue you had or ever had?

heres a crazy recommendation for custom lsd work...ever thought about welding the open diff so both wheels spin at the same time? i know it sounds crazy! and turning would suck after that

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yup

thats what were goin to try to do first,and then see how driveable it is.if its not that bad I'll keep it

heres a crazy recommendation for custom lsd work...ever thought about welding the open diff so both wheels spin at the same time? i know it sounds crazy! and turning would suck after that

·
Registered
151 Posts
A lot of guys race with a welded diff. Fine on dirt and ice, and okay at higher speeds on asphalt (high slip angles). I don't recommend it on the street, you'll just break parts. CV's bind, side gears in the diff can 'pop'...then the broken metal bits float around in your tranny, etc.

And it takes a totally different approach to cornering attitude. You have to be fully committed under throttle or nothing at all...otherwise the car will literally drive off the road in a straight line.

Bob

1 - 19 of 19 Posts