Nissan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
curtisj85 said:
My sentra makes a loud ass suction whistle while idling
help! how do i get rig of it
Where exactly is the noise coming from? Under the hood? If it is, have you checked your hoses recently? I would check to see if any are loose, or are rotted out. Just my .02.

·
Mofo
2,225 Posts
I believe that he does have a cold air intake, and that is causeing the hissing.
If you dont have one, check the complete intake system for leaks, or loose clamps. The silencer below the filter box could have came off, causing the hissing noise as well.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
loud noise

Yeah when it idles it is loud as hell, but once i push the gas it sound great deep growl. i have a hotshot short ram but it was loud even before with the stock box just not as loud. It is raining bad down in the south so i havent had the chance to test anything out but thanks for the info

·
F.I. Section Whore
896 Posts
my cone filter makes a hissing sound.. I thought it was just natural to the filter.. I did tighten up everything pretty good too.

·
F.I. Section Whore
896 Posts
Doesn't that mess with the idling speed though? Thought it was supposed to stay at 762 or whatever number in the 700 range..

·
F.I. Section Whore
896 Posts
Do you have the Full service manual? If so, check it.. if not, then download it.. the link to it should be at the top of the B14 section..

Well, if you have a B14, you should check it.. is there a B13 FSM somewhere on these boards?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i got one

wes said:
If you haven't already you should download the FSM... It will answer a ton of questions down the road for you! Anyway the idle adjustment screw us underneath a black plastic cap on the throttle body.
yeah i have one it isnt with me im out of town but i have one at the house bought it the other day

1 - 16 of 16 Posts