Nissan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After turnin my engine off, it clicks for like 25 - 60 minutes... whats up with that?

another thing, my O2 sensor needs relocating.. and muffler shop mineke is too f*****ng lazy to fix it right...

my belts are squeeling when i start up, and i called the dealer.. only for them to say "200sx's came with timing chains, not belts" what the hell, i see a damn timing belt.. im not retarted

·
Please Shift Here
6,696 Posts
what do you mean "clicks"? do you mean like something electronic, or is it just the sound of the car cooling down. All cars make clicking noises as they cool down and settle, it's a physical fact since the engine is like 800+ degrees all around and it's cooling to like 60-90degrees (outside temp). it's kinda like the clicking sounds you hear in a house when the materials settle at night.

·
Registered
170 Posts
There are more belts under your hood than just a timing belt. Actually, 200SX's did come with a timing chain. Most likely the belts you're seeing are your accesory belts (alternator, AC, etc.). I get a lot of squealing from my belts when the engine is cold (well...not a lot, but enough. and it's more like a kinda loud chirping). To fix that, you just need to adjust your belt tension. Either that or it's squeaking pullies, which can be oiled. Either way, next time you take it in for service, have them check the tension on the belts, or if you have the technical know-how, then you can check them yourself. Me, I don't have all the know-how or the time to do it myself (unfortunately).

·
in^3,N20,RPM,PSI
4,652 Posts
The type of weld that they used, was it the type they had to heat the little metal piece and melt it on the pipe or did it auto feed from a wire (i'm no welder, tig mig fig...)? Well, I ask because different metals expand and contract at different rates from heat. If it's the exhaust pipe that's ticking you're probably hearing something very normal esp since you just had it welded.

·
Administrator
1,075 Posts
Niss200SXGTR said:
my belts are squeeling when i start up, and i called the dealer.. only for them to say "200sx's came with timing chains, not belts" what the hell, i see a damn timing belt.. im not retarted
Yeah, as was mentioned those are the accessory belts. Timing belts and chains are not visible anyway. There's a cover to protect them.

·
Banned
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
james, your a genious, i tested, and i foudn that after running my car for 1 minutes, then turned it off, it didnt click one time, after going for aobut 10 minutes and letting the exaust heat up, it started the clicking again... then stoped a little later, i believe it has to be the exasut thats clicking.. maybe it is my cherry bomb. lol.

N

·
0 Posts
yep, thats pretty much how it works when u get a new exhaust, i hear noises, like me, i had custom 2.25 piping and i was fine, then i got a 2" drop and now my pipe hits the thing on the car(forget the name) everytime there is a bump or something(very annoying, sounds like the car is breaking down) back on subject the exhaust is getting used to your car right now, let it settle and the exhaust will also get a bit louder as it settles.

·
Cone Dodger
3,093 Posts
see.......didn't i ask about that thing with the o2 sensor re-routing before somewhere, and nope, nobody answered me, and now i know, the o2 on your car is in the engine bay, not under.......

·
Banned
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
no, the 02 sensor is in your engine bay, and there is one Behind the catalic converter.. which i thought my resonator was a cat.. boy was i foolish... now i need to find a muffler shop to do it, they told me that extending the wire makes it less resistant, and it will still keep my check engine light on. but.. i doubt it.. they were just f****** lazy..

·
Cone Dodger
3,093 Posts
it's the type and quality of connection that they are going to do that will make the light go away........if they did airbag wiring before, they are pretty good........repairs inbetween components..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts