Nissan Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a problem with my 1997 Pathfinder. The main problem is that while I have keys, I have lost both electronic key fobs.

This is compounded, because I never drive the car and the battery is flat.

I tried to jump start the car today. But as soon as i get power to the Pathfinder from a booster battery, the pathfinder alarm starts going off. And the car won't start from the key. Without the electronic fobs I can't turn the alarm off.

All I want to do is get the alarm off, so I can start the car and drive into a dealer and get new electronic fobs (which i know will be expensive). Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I might do this? I don't seem to be able to turn the alarm off using the key.

Or does anyone know if I can just order new electronic fobs for the car from the dear using the vehicle VIN number or something?

Thanks for your help.

David

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks very much

Worked like a charm.

Seems like an obvious simple answer. But to those of us who can barely find a steering wheel, nothing is that simple or obvious.

So thanks very much for taking the time to help me out. It is greatly appreciated.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.