Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a problem with my 1997 Pathfinder. The main problem is that while I have keys, I have lost both electronic key fobs.

This is compounded, because I never drive the car and the battery is flat.

I tried to jump start the car today. But as soon as i get power to the Pathfinder from a booster battery, the pathfinder alarm starts going off. And the car won't start from the key. Without the electronic fobs I can't turn the alarm off.

All I want to do is get the alarm off, so I can start the car and drive into a dealer and get new electronic fobs (which i know will be expensive). Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I might do this? I don't seem to be able to turn the alarm off using the key.

Or does anyone know if I can just order new electronic fobs for the car from the dear using the vehicle VIN number or something?

Thanks for your help.

David

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks very much

Worked like a charm.

Seems like an obvious simple answer. But to those of us who can barely find a steering wheel, nothing is that simple or obvious.

So thanks very much for taking the time to help me out. It is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
Now days you just get use to using the remote, my vehicle is 7 years old and I have never used a key on it! Glad it worked!

·
Registered
1 Posts
help!

I have the exact same problem. The thing though is that due to the wafer locks on older nissan's the keys do not work anymore. Any ideas on how to shut off the alarm without the key so I can get it started?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts