Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone experienced a loss of oil pressure. The light comes on and the upper end of the engine starts knocking. Problem has been diagnosed as possible a bad oil pump. But they are saying they can't be sure. No guarantee. Do you have to pull the engine to get to the pump? For the amount of labor they want to replace the pump it seems the engine may have to be pulled. Any thoughts??

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. After research I have found that the oil pump is located on the front of the engine and driven directly off the crankshaft. Starting the chore of replacing it this week. Don't have to pull the engine but everything has to come off the front and bottom to access the pump.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Did replacing your oil pump fix your problem? I'm having the same problem now with my '91 pathfinder SE.

·
Registered
174 Posts
jmcc1 said:
Thanks. After research I have found that the oil pump is located on the front of the engine and driven directly off the crankshaft. Starting the chore of replacing it this week. Don't have to pull the engine but everything has to come off the front and bottom to access the pump.
You can get to it from below if you just remove all of the plastic splash guards. You should not have to remove the front bumper. Good luck. You can visit www.maxima.org and do a SEARCH in thier archives in the third generation forum, and there you should find a write-up for the procedure. Good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts