Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could loose lug nuts create a knocking sound when i am driving? Not loose as in about to fall off, but loose as in screwed on but not as tight as it should be

·
Registered
203 Posts
So many different things can cause a knocking sound when driving. It's best just to check everything you can, starting with the easiest and cheapest. Checking your lug nuts should be easier than even typing the question in here.
Normally when knocking is heard only when driving a person would start to think about thier drive shafts going bad. Regardless, check it out. Good luck. :thumbup:

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
scooterbob said:
So many different things can cause a knocking sound when driving. It's best just to check everything you can, starting with the easiest and cheapest. Checking your lug nuts should be easier than even typing the question in here.
Normally when knocking is heard only when driving a person would start to think about thier drive shafts going bad. Regardless, check it out. Good luck. :thumbup:
oh, i already did this morning, they tightened the lug nuts with a torque wrench. I didnt hear the knocking this morning even before i took it. i still dont hear it anymore. i was just wondering if that could have been the lug nuts.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I guess it could have been,

but I had all of the nuts loose on my rear wheel cause I forgot to remove my aftermarket hub spacer when I put on my steelies, eventually the nuts got loose with vibration, till finally with one hard turn one of the studs broke from the pressure and the wheel almost fell off! there was not a single noise when they were loose.

But if the noise is now gone, you should be fine, let us know if it comes back :)

·
Registered
203 Posts
Glad to see you're all fixed up! Nobody enjoys a wheel or two flying off while going down the road. Luckily it was something easy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts