Nissan Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am new to bardbody's, but have been into nissans/datsuns for 5 years now. I needed a truck that could be a good commuter and parts hauler and i love the hardbody pickups. I just had some questions before I truly consider buying.

Any "teething" problems still remaining in the 91 year? A guy on craigslist said the MPFI engines had "problems" vs the earlier TBI Z24's.

Is it possible to swap the 3rd member from a 720 pickup 4wd (h190) into a hardbody 2wd for lower gearing and more grunt if I tow the 510 around with it?

And lastly, is this some goofy digi tach, or just a placeholder?

Thanks!!!

· Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
91 fell thru, total heap, paint falling off, touched up with house paint, exhaust rotten, starter dying, ac blows hot, etc etc, and they still wanted 2500 with 175000 miles on it

Now looking at a 97 possibly

· Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Exactly what I want to hear! Going to buy a very clean 97 today. I have had past experience with two 720's. Excellent trucks even then. One was an 82 4wd kc with 110000 miles I should NEVER have sold!

Damn 510 needed money to be built and I sacrificed my truck!

Never again!

Peterdaniel, totally agree, the steering wheel angle is a bit much for me at 6' 240lbs. But Ive had worse, try factory seats with the stock 24"~ wheel in a 1969 510! Designed for the average 5'5" Japanese buyer!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.