Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
its a 96 Twin turbo with 53xxx miles going for 13K. what should i be weary of with this car. what tends to go wrong with them and what things should be repaired and/or replaced?
thanks

·
Power FC Z32
2,147 Posts
its a 96 Twin turbo with 53xxx miles going for 13K. what should i be weary of with this car. what tends to go wrong with them and what things should be repaired and/or replaced?
thanks
Things to do,
-Do a car fax to check the history.
-Do a Compression test to see the health of your engine
-Do a 60K maintenance.

As long as you do maintenance and no short cuts you'll have trouble free Z.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
that seems fairly reasonable. but what i am wondering is what are common problems or issues with the 300zx. any pro and cons with buying that model year?
i test drove the vehicle last night and it seems to be in good shape, pulls hard and feels strong. but i dont know if there might be some hidden or unseen things that i dont know of.

·
Power FC Z32
2,147 Posts
that seems fairly reasonable. but what i am wondering is what are common problems or issues with the 300zx. any pro and cons with buying that model year?
i test drove the vehicle last night and it seems to be in good shape, pulls hard and feels strong. but i dont know if there might be some hidden or unseen things that i dont know of.
Look for the latest model with the lowest mileage. The 1990 model had a soft valve problem and should be leary about unless it has a rebuilt engine in it.

Good luck and be patient.

·
Registered
129 Posts
My Z was a 1990 I heard about the soft valve problem. Some of us were blessed not to have a problem. but yea sponge rider is correct as always.

just make sure a 96 is what you want... OD2 is an issue for swaps I think

1 - 5 of 5 Posts