Nissan Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off I was going to swap the engine to the sr2ode, or det, but I decided I'm going to go with looks first, then go for the power, so in the mean time I thought I'd see if you guys have some advice to hold me over until I upgrade. Looking for advice on intakes, exhaust etc. some easy things without dropping too much cash to get a little boost off the line, I'd at least like to be able to beat a minivan once in a while ;) Thanks for the help appreciate it

·
Registered
553 Posts
Built yourself an intake and have a custom exhaust built. They're relatively cheap and will give you a definate kick in power. Also lightweight rims will make a noticeable difference. A good size for drag racing is 15X7, though I know of many fast Nissans running 17X7s. they key there is weight. The lighter the better. Some good resources to look up all of this are www.sentra.net and www.nissanperformancemag.com Don't forget about the search button either.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
same look, maybe just a body kit, wing, and new paint is all, then interior, but until I can find a way to get around Ca smog laws to put in a sr20det, and the right place to do it, then I'll add the performance to the car

·
Your electrical friend
2,177 Posts
You can't beat minivans stock? I used to spank everyone I raced when I had my stock '93 XE, or at least they never pulled on me much. Advance your timing to 13*, clean your TB out, check your MAF ground, Keep your tires up to pressure, buy my homemade CAI from me and put that in. ;)

·
Registered
393 Posts
theres no way to "get around" the CA smog laws... you'll just have to pay someone a few hundred bucks every other year when you need it smog'd. i think the only way to do a "legal" motor swap is put a newer-year engine (most likely has to be an option to that car) and a DET will definately not be legal option

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well I was being sarcastic about the minivan thing, but I'd like to get a little bit of extra until the swap. I think I'll go with the advanced timing, and maybe cai, then we'll see from there

·
Registered
393 Posts
hey, dont dog minivans... i used to drive the turbovan that's just as quick as the 200sx LoLz

·
Mofo
2,225 Posts
Well sonofabitch. Another person from Visalia on here. Thats just crazy. Hit me up, ill show you my custom built Cai. Maybe show you how to build your own.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
correct me if I'm wrong, but the 1.6 with turbo is barely more power than the sr20de with bolt ons? and when going with the sr20de, I can either go with n2o, or turbo on it, and get even more out of it? sorry but the sr20de is just way more tempting to me, and I can't afford $3000 for truboe when I can get the sr20de swap for same or less

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
WELL A STRAIGHT SR20DE CONVERSION COULD STILL BE LEGAL WITH THE ECU SWAP AND EVERYTHIGN RIGHT, BECAUSE IT WILL PASS VISUAL (NO TURBO SETUP) OR ANYTHING LIKE THAT, AND TO THE UNTRAINED EYE THEY WOULD NOT EVEN KNOW THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE GA16 AND THE SR20

·
Banned
492 Posts
Long live Visalia Nissan Tuners heh! Damn, I think enough have turned up in this town to start a local nissan car club

·
Mofo
2,225 Posts
That would be pretty cool. But i dont want no damn communist club. Cant do this, have to do this. I get enough of that crap at work......lol I would be very interested in starting up a small club for us few and selective central valley dirvers.

·
Mofo
2,225 Posts
I forgott to tell you guys. We have one of the best Nissan tuner shops in the Valley, right here in Visalia. Its called Raver Motersports. Thoes guys really know what they are doing. I think Vern has at least 15 years in tuning Nissans.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts