Nissan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im 16 and just purchased a red 91 nissan sentra as my first car and i love it! the muffler that was on it is very small and i want something that looks better and will make my car go faster, without making my wallet even emptier than it already is... any suggestions that are easy on the pockets would be greatly appreciated!!!:D

·
DNE's VZR Conversion
6,079 Posts
hey dude

i have a 5Zigen Fireball style canister muffler for sale.

PM me if u want t he price

·
Registered
547 Posts
Import - you don't have any soundclips or anything do you? I'd love to hear the N1.

I've always liked DTM style (Dual Tips), but practically none sound good. I'm still searching though. I'm also considering an Arospeed. It's all about preference really. Listen to sound clips of exhausts/mufflers. I heard the DragunFire sound clip and almost busted a nut in my pants, I fell in LOVE with the sound. That is until I found it they are around 200 a pop. So screw that!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Would this fit a 94 Sentra XE?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1862319594

I sometimes have trouble trusting eBay. I'd feel more confident if I saw the item in a store and bought it. Does this bid sound too good to be true? I've seen those fraud "turbo kits." If this thing is real, sounds like a good deal.

I also don't want to pay someone to install it, so I'm wondering if it will come with instructions and all the parts I'll need to do it myself... if anyone knows...

Stock muffler is waayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too small. I saw a GREDDY cat-back on NOPI.com for around $500 or so and personally, that's too much.

·
Registered
547 Posts
I've always wondered, and it's kind of an ignorant question, but I've seen about 2 2" inlet mufflers...that is the muffler w/ tip as you see in H2J's ebay search. How do they hook up? Do you just throw some tubing tight around the 2" until it going to 2 1/2" (for say) and then weld it to that? I don't know how that whole concept works...will someone please inform me?

·
Registered
142 Posts
H2J said:
Would this fit a 94 Sentra XE?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1862319594

I sometimes have trouble trusting eBay. I'd feel more confident if I saw the item in a store and bought it. Does this bid sound too good to be true? I've seen those fraud "turbo kits." If this thing is real, sounds like a good deal.

I also don't want to pay someone to install it, so I'm wondering if it will come with instructions and all the parts I'll need to do it myself... if anyone knows...

Stock muffler is waayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too small. I saw a GREDDY cat-back on NOPI.com for around $500 or so and personally, that's too much.
Yeah itll fit your car its just a universal muffler personaly the tip i just to long for my taste. And yes youll have to get someone to put it on unless you know how to weld and have a welder.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Zexel said:
I've always wondered, and it's kind of an ignorant question, but I've seen about 2 2" inlet mufflers...that is the muffler w/ tip as you see in H2J's ebay search. How do they hook up? Do you just throw some tubing tight around the 2" until it going to 2 1/2" (for say) and then weld it to that? I don't know how that whole concept works...will someone please inform me?
when they install those they use a pipe expander at the end of the 2" pipe so itll be big enough to slide over the 2.2" inlet so that they can weld it up. Pipe expanding is real easy they just expand like 1-2" at the end so that itll work.

·
Registered
547 Posts
thanks slvrsentra. I feel retarded but I've heard of that being done before now! haha, I'll post back later, gotta run to school.

·
Registered
547 Posts
hey Cory...we have the same name! except I spell mine with an E...Corey! That's nifty. yeah, school sucks!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Zexel said:
hey Cory...we have the same name! except I spell mine with an E...Corey! That's nifty. yeah, school sucks!
Hahaha thats cool. What year are you. I am a senior this year. Its time to be over. But with a good 3 periods of auto shop its just fine with me :)

CORY

·
Registered
547 Posts
man this is weird! I'm a Jr. but am in Vo-Tech here in Automotive that takes up half my day. I would die to be a Sr., but it's just harder and more work after that! So I'm trying to suck it up while I can.

·
Registered
142 Posts
yeah i am a vo-tech member too hehe. I am the secretary in ours. We also have a AAA ford competion club. I plan to join the competion this year so i could get some scolar ships. Half my day is auto shop. :) second i got t/a and then 5-6 is taken by adv. so its really cool. i love cars engines at that. it tames my mind.

CORY

1 - 16 of 16 Posts