Nissan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am looking for another sentra. 4dr, automatic. I have found some good prices. Right now I have a 99 GXE and runs great. I have looked at the honda civics and they are just too high. Are the newer sentra's as realible as my 99? Any problems I need to look for? This car will basically be used for travel around town and once in a while a 1 hour trip. I have about $5k-$6k to spend. Let me know what you can come up with. I don't want to work on it all the time. (not like I have that problem now) Not sure how the 2.5L does on gas either compared to my 1.6.

Jason

·
Registered
173 Posts
Might want to post this in the B15 section, but from what I remember, there have been a few recalls on at least the earlier models. Go to the research tab on cars.com and you can find reviews (if there are any), ratings, specs, recalls, etc.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Might want to post this in the B15 section, but from what I remember, there have been a few recalls on at least the earlier models. Go to the research tab on cars.com and you can find reviews (if there are any), ratings, specs, recalls, etc.
Thanks man.

·
Registered
4,216 Posts
What about the 2000 2002 SE with the SR20 ?
nobody seems to have big issues with it

·
Registered
4,216 Posts
The good old SR20 2 litre as in the SE-R's, same as the b13- b14's except updated a bit with roller cam followers.

·
Registered
4,216 Posts
Nice cars, 2000 had the 3 L V6 with higher output than 99 and before, 3.5 L in 2003
ignition coil problems, but should have all been replaced by now.
bigger, heaver, fuel economy ok for that big a car.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts