Nissan Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
ex-Super *********
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Thanks to samo I can now see what my car would look like with my wheels painted black. The reason I am thinking about doing this is to keep my car from drawing attention. Tell me what you think.

·
Former SuperMod
745 Posts
You think that color will keep attention AWAY from you? LOL I beg to differ... but I'm drawn more to imports with dark wheels (personal taste ;) ). I say go with it... looks damn good to me!

·
Registered
249 Posts
oh go with that! I love the blacked out look and it looks more sleepery. and it would nicely complement the color of the vehicle;-)

·
ex-Super *********
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I am not much of a "show" kinda guy, but maybe I should go with a "darkness" theme with my car. It would be functional as well(sorta). I was already thinking about when I build my new exhaust system. I plan on getting a N1 style can muffler, and guess what...Paint it black. Lets ponder this...
Black wheels
Black exh. rear section
Stealth corners
Black or gunmetal projectors
Shaved emblems
Anything else???

BTW, the red trunk center section on my car is CF'ed now(pic on my site)

·
Registered
249 Posts
PatScottAKA99XE said:
I am not much of a "show" kinda guy, but maybe I should go with a "darkness" theme with my car. It would be functional as well(sorta). I was already thinking about when I build my new exhaust system. I plan on getting a N1 style can muffler, and guess what...Paint it black. Lets ponder this...
Black wheels
Black exh. rear section
Stealth corners
Black or gunmetal projectors
Shaved emblems
Anything else???

BTW, the red trunk center section on my car is CF'ed now(pic on my site)
maybe black emblems or gray.

·
Registered
500 Posts
That red reflector on the back. Can it be painted body colored (a la 200SX)? I have a glossy black car. Half of it is clear coated, half is single stage paint. I was in a bad wreck and my uncle paints cars at the body shop I took it to and he clearcoated the right side of the car. Should last longer. Anyway, back to the point. I also like the darkness look. I'm really into these wheels in Gunmetal color:

http://www.motegiracing.com/wheels/mr7.asp#

I put a set of those on a black Integra when I worked at a tire store and they looked great and I've wanted them ever since. I'll keep my stock wheels to race with (or find some nice, light 15's) and get some 16s or 17s for daily driving. I thought I might suggest these over black as the two greys mesh together better than the blackouts you had simulated on your car in those pictures. But whatever floats your boat.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Im with the darker look myself. More towards the sleeper 'stealth' look that I dig. My friend just did it to his rims this weekend and it looks sick. Painted his stockies a charcoal black and finished with a clear coat. Came out professional. Gonna do it to my Enkei's next, so they don't stand out as much. Plus with brake dust and all, the darkness will help so Im not cleaning the wheels every other day.

·
ex-Super *********
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Pleased to present!!!

Here is what I would some day like my car to look like:
Gun metal wheels
Steath corners
Side skirts
Lil more drop

Thanks samo!!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts