Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i bought this 87 nissan pickup 4 cyle fuel injected truck.

right after i bought the truck i went with some friends offroading in a swamp near my house. so i got stuck a couble of times... got winched out .. than the last time i got stuck... some guy was trying to get me out he was driving... after 10 min the guy was like ooo .. u don't have any more gears.. so the clutch was gone.. i got pulled out than i towed the truck home .. after a week i changed the clutch with a buddy of mine ...... everything was good ...

than when i took it for a test drive the truck was really shakey .... it was the drive shaft support bearing. i changed it .. so the shaking stopped. .. than i noticed the truck was over heating, there was a leak and it was coming from the water pump. i changed the water pump and the fuel filter .... the alternator also was gone so i changed that also .....

heres the big problem ..

i dont have power steering anymore.. the fluid resvior seems to be full ... but i don't have power steering ... .

also the gas milage is so bad its not even funni .. i'm getting 11 mpg in city .... :S this is so weird for a 2.4 .... im planing on chaning the o2 sensor .. i bought it i'm just having trouble removing it .. itz stuck in there...

i have an exhost leak in the manifold where it connects to the down piping ...

i hauled out the cat .. i don't know i thought it might have been blocking the exhaust.. i already put seafoam through it, ...

the weird thing is it idles really high.. around like 1100 ... i tried the adjustment scew and it only dropped the rpm to 1000 ... when i pump the brake .. the rmp dropes.. and the engine seems like it wants to die...

can any one help me... and please when you tell me to check something make sure you tell me where its located with a picture 2... thanks alot

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i also checked the ecu .... it shows 44 ... i understand that it means normal operation

vacume hoses.. i have checked them.. but i'm not sure the correct way of checking a vacume leak .... also i noticed when i put the seafoam in the brake booster.. alot of it seemed to have escaped someware in the engine bay... could there be a vacume hose sumware thatz loose ... please help

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no brakes drag... this is because if i step on it .. and let it coast it coast almost 2 km with out droppign the speed...

·
Hardbody Freak
2,675 Posts
u prolly have water or mud in numerous places.

you just have to disect it one peice at a time till you find the culpret or culprets..

start with the dizzy ..remove the cap and button then the baseplate then check the opti sensor and plate for debris...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts