Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I was just wondering if any other nissan motors can donate parts to a b13 ga16de, say, in the manner of honda motors. I doubt there is, save the b14 cams or the lower section of an sr20de CAI, but if there is some obscure beneficial part, I'd be delighted to hear of it. I'm not keeping my hopes up though.

·
Wise Cracker
5,730 Posts
Nismo_Joe said:
Hi, I was just wondering if any other nissan motors can donate parts to a b13 ga16de, say, in the manner of honda motors. I doubt there is, save the b14 cams or the lower section of an sr20de CAI, but if there is some obscure beneficial part, I'd be delighted to hear of it. I'm not keeping my hopes up though.
B14 cams are the only thing. If you have a B13 you can use a B14 SE-R TB. The swap has been documented in the GA16 forum....

·
Registered
258 Posts
yea b14 cams will help you out at top end. the 95+se-r throttle body will also fit a b14 ga16de as well. you just gotta port out the manifold a bit to make it match.

·
Registered
258 Posts
oh i forgot. you could also bolt on an unorthodox racing water pump pulley from an se-r also. but not much of a power difference. just to loose some weight.

·
Wise Cracker
5,730 Posts
tony200 said:
the 95+se-r throttle body will also fit a b14 ga16de as well. you just gotta port out the manifold a bit to make it match.

NOOOOOOOO YOUUUUUUUUUUUUU CAAAAAAAAAANNTTTTTTTTTT!!!!

This is the THIRD time I have posted to correct you on this! The B14 GA16 cars cannot use the SE-R TB without EXTENSIVE modification because the B14 1.6 has the IACV and fast idle cam built in to the TB. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE stop posting mis-information about this!

·
Registered
258 Posts
hey wes i did it on my car and it works fine with no problems whatsoever.im voicing my opinion like everyone else on the forum. so relax

·
Powered By hopes & dreams
8,328 Posts
tony200 said:
hey wes i did it on my car and it works fine with no problems whatsoever.im voicing my opinion like everyone else on the forum. so relax
so if you did it, why are you voicing your opinion? You're contradicting yourself in that statement.

·
Registered
258 Posts
well chimmike im not contridicting myself just to let you know. i did the mod and did it correctly. chimmike, youve been lasing out on my post that i write on certain subjects and i dont like it.

tony

·
Wise Cracker
5,730 Posts
tony200 said:
well chimmike im not contridicting myself just to let you know. i did the mod and did it correctly. chimmike, youve been lasing out on my post that i write on certain subjects and i dont like it.

tony
I would like to see pics. of this swap! I am not saying it is impossible I just want too see how you did it...

·
Powered By hopes & dreams
8,328 Posts
tony200 said:

tony
You are contradicting yourself by your choice of words

First you say you did it. Then you say you are stating your opinion.

Opinion, by definition:
o·pin·ion ( P ) Pronunciation Key (-pnyn)
n.
A belief or conclusion held with confidence but not substantiated by positive knowledge or proof

So, if you did it, it's substantiated by positive knowledge and proof....which thereby makes it fact and not opinion.

So then prove to us you did it. I personally believe Wes over you. He's got a lot more knowledge, and it's been proven.

BTW, if I have been "lashing" out at you, it's because you're posting incorrect information or just being stupid, not because I'm singling you out.

·