Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

I'm from quebec city and I have a pathfinder 1999 ( the first half) since 2002. It's a great truck, with the feeling of it, despite the missing tranny cooler (whose absence led to a tranny failure at 220 000KM ) It has done a lot. But the open diff in the back is real pain in the ass. I wonder if any of you locked the rear diff ? Maybe with a lunchbox locker ? Will any lunchbox kit will fit in the casing ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The duty of this truck is snowy off road. Talking about 15 to 40 cm of snow. It's snowing 50% of the year here. I intend to brought chains for the back tires.

·
3,553 Posts
You can remove the diff and have it welded, or you can spend over $1000 for an ARB selectable air locker. Or you could try to buy a stock LSD, but they're WEAK! Those are your only options, sorry.

·
Registered
75 Posts
You can remove the diff and have it welded, or you can spend over $1000 for an ARB selectable air locker. Or you could try to buy a stock LSD, but they're WEAK! Those are your only options, sorry.
i drove a suzuki samurai with a welded diff and 33"s and it was a HUGE, HUGE PITA.

if your pathfinder is a daily driver, do NOT weld it

try looking for a LSD from the wrecker and go that option

1 - 4 of 4 Posts