Nissan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 91 Sentra. The kid wrecked it. I put it back together and paitned it (myself). Now she calls and says it broke down and won't start.

She said she checked the oil and there was none, so she put some in. Started it and drove some more and it went POOOOOFFFFFF.

I got it home and checked the oil, no water on the stick. Pulled the valve cover off and got a wrench on the cam and can not get it to turn over. Does this mean that it is locked up? How hard are they to turn over by hand.

Is they any way to tell other than pulling it down to see if it is locked up?

Thanks

·
Wise Cracker
5,730 Posts
hookerp said:
I have a 91 Sentra. The kid wrecked it. I put it back together and paitned it (myself). Now she calls and says it broke down and won't start.

She said she checked the oil and there was none, so she put some in. Started it and drove some more and it went POOOOOFFFFFF.

I got it home and checked the oil, no water on the stick. Pulled the valve cover off and got a wrench on the cam and can not get it to turn over. Does this mean that it is locked up? How hard are they to turn over by hand.

Is they any way to tell other than pulling it down to see if it is locked up?

Thanks
You can pull the oil pan and look up from underneath. More than likely you will have to tear it down to assess the bearings...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts