Nissan Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody ever bypassed load sensing valve? Mine is leaking and cannot find replacement. I saw were Toyota owners are bypassing theirs, hopefully I can do the same.
Thanks Ray

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info i.e. part number. Do you know if it can be rebuilt, seems like there should be an O-ring or some type of packing around the piston that moves in and out? I have not remove it from the truck yet but its hard to believe it can't be rebuilt.
Thanks, Ray

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I got her off and broke it down as far as I can. There are two plungers inside the housing one is held in place with a solid drive pin that was not meant to be removable (i drilled it out and was able to removed one of the plungers) the second is held in place with a clip that snaps into a cone shaped core with the second plunger running through the center of it and that's not removable with destroying the housing. Though I was getting some where for a while. Guess I'll go to plan "b" and try bypassing it. Another interesting thing, it has a stamp in the housing that looks like a chevy bowtie. Still would like input on bypassing it.
Thanks, Ray

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks smj, I did find out Mitsubishi has the same unit under some of their trucks and you can purchase them over seas. I'll be bypassing mine.
Thanks again, Ray

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well I got her bypassed and she breaks just fine. I did have an issue locating a plug so I ended up installing a bolt M10 x 1.0 thread pitch. So far no drips no runs no errors.
Thanks, Ray

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.