Nissan Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever taken the yelow part out of the crystal corners liu sells?

·
DNE's VZR Conversion
6,079 Posts
alot of people have..

·
Banned
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am hoping someone that has done it will post some instructions on how to do it.

·
Banned
1,530 Posts
ga16freak said:
I am hoping someone that has done it will post some instructions on how to do it.
Done it, wrote about it, worked!

Let me look for my old web page, and I'll post the link.

Tim

·
Registered
140 Posts
Mine are taken out. Look at "My 96 GXE" in member's rides section to see what they look like. The amber was removed by clearcorners.com, I bought them that way though.

·
Banned
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I got bored today sitting at home, so I went ahead and did it. I will take some pics tomorrow, and try to get someone host them for me. I think they turned out pretty good. Now lets pray they dont leak.

·
new motor & tranny
1,756 Posts
hmm... im thinking of doing it myself.
I've always had this strange feeling that im gonna end up melting the corners or the whole house is gonna smell like plastic when the corners are in the oven.

·
Banned
1,530 Posts
B14_Stealth said:
hmm... im thinking of doing it myself.
I've always had this strange feeling that im gonna end up melting the corners or the whole house is gonna smell like plastic when the corners are in the oven.
NAH!! Just make sure you don't put the oven up too high. I kept it at about 150-160 degrees everytime I took my halos and corners apart. (did it a few times). Just make sure that you are ready to work RIGHT when you take them out and save as much of the adhesive as possible for putting them back together.

·
Banned
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
NUNYA said:
NAH!! Just make sure you don't put the oven up too high. I kept it at about 150-160 degrees everytime I took my halos and corners apart. (did it a few times). Just make sure that you are ready to work RIGHT when you take them out and save as much of the adhesive as possible for putting them back together.
He's right its not hard, I put them in for 7 minutes at 200. make sure you dont break the little clips, I didnt notice them there and i broke one.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts