Nissan Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 95 Sentra XE and my engine has been getting louder and louder but rides like brand new. i think i have vacum leaks but dont know where to start on getting rid of those. My engine light keeps coming off and on with no ride difference. i got the code read off once but all they said was exhaust system. What could that be? and i have plans on installing pace setter headers and cat back exhaust and injen air intake are they easy to install or should it go to a shop?

·
Drop-Out
1,892 Posts
Sounds like you either have a rotten or broken exhaust..And on the header, do yourself a favor and get yourself a Hotshot

·
Registered
306 Posts
Stromung and hotshot header

I installed my hotshot header w/ the stromung exhaust,,

the car runs fine. but at some points. i think i smell some fumes, like gas. The whole install was a bitch for me, but after hours of work, i finally had the whole thing installed, the cat. i'm using is from a 96' se-r (used).

1. should i not worry?
2. tighten the bolts?

no have problems occured w/ the car, I have the o2 sensors in and they work, only because no lights have pop up. I figured it is just me, i do plan on to buy a better cat. from Random Technology. And better the wiring for the 2nd o2 sensor, as i did a poor job on extending the wires. but since no error lights have come up, i figure it is ok.

·
Registered
102 Posts
huskya83 said:

the car runs fine. but at some points. i think i smell some fumes, like gas. The whole install was a bitch for me, but after hours of work, i finally had the whole thing installed, the cat. i'm using is from a 96' se-r (used).

1. should i not worry?
2. tighten the bolts?

no have problems occured w/ the car, I have the o2 sensors in and they work, only because no lights have pop up. I figured it is just me, i do plan on to buy a better cat. from Random Technology. And better the wiring for the 2nd o2 sensor, as i did a poor job on extending the wires. but since no error lights have come up, i figure it is ok.
damn how did u install everything yourself. i thought the exhaust had to be welded or something? but then again im not to bright when it comes to this so i duno... thats impressive tho... i'm sure if there is no warnings u should be cool... :thumbup:

·
Registered
2018 Nissan Pathfinder SL
4,282 Posts
huskya83 said:

1. should i not worry?
2. tighten the bolts?

New exhast and manifolds sometimes smell for a while. I would describe it as burnt oil or paint kind of smell, not gas. Since you are only working on the exhast side I think you are fine. Give it a week and see if its all ok then.
Good luck......

·
What is Seven Ten for?
2,917 Posts
maybe one of your gaskets are blown as well.

and the hotshot header and stromung exhaust bolt up with no welding required.

go to sentra.net and read up a bit on headers and exhaust before you get a PS or any header other then hotshot.

You can usually find them used in the classifeds here for 200-250, the gaskets will cost you about 10-15 from Mossy Nissan.

·
Mofo
2,225 Posts
curtisj85 said:
I have a 95 Sentra XE and my engine has been getting louder and louder but rides like brand new. i think i have vacum leaks but dont know where to start on getting rid of those. My engine light keeps coming off and on with no ride difference. i got the code read off once but all they said was exhaust system. What could that be? and i have plans on installing pace setter headers and cat back exhaust and injen air intake are they easy to install or should it go to a shop?
Jack up your car, put it on some jack stands and check out the whole exhaust system. If there is a leak you will see carbon (black suit) where the leak usually is. Or you couls just take it into a trusted muffler shop and see what they can tell you. If your exhaust isnt rusted up to bad, repair should be pretty cheap.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts