Nissan Forum banner
101 - 108 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yeah, that 11M head is mine. It came on that engine I got in the '83 B11. I highly suspect the block was a JDM E15. The head says 11M on the front in the standard place, and in the middle of the inside of the head, just under the camshaft, it also says 11M. This block had notched pistons to clear the valves, I kinda expected it to say 15M when I cleared the grease off the front casting number. heh.. Was 11M a special japanese casting? If it was, is there anything special about it that I might want? IE, is it better than a 33M? :) I have my freshly rebuilt 33M head on that engine for the time being. :)
Gotta love a good mystery. :)
i also have an e15 engine in '89 sentra wagon and i was wondering what r the benefits/plusses of this 11m head over other compatible e15 heads.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Got bored... cc'ed an E16 head

33M
---E16i head
---combustion chamber volume: approx 24.5cc (poly-spherical)
---valve dia (I/E): 37/30
---low-swirl intake ports

31M
---E16s head
---combustion chamber volume: approx 24.5cc (poly-spherical)
---high-swirl intake ports

15M
---E15ET turbo (or FI) head
---combustion chamber volume: approx 17.9cc (semi-spherical)
---valve dia (I/E): 37/31
---low-swirl intake ports

11M
---E15s head
---combustion chamber volume: approx 18.5cc (semi-spherical)

52A
---E15 head
---combustion chamber volume: approx 21cc (semi-spherical)

Seems to be like the 31M with a smaller chamber.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Question, my 82 Sentra E15s came with the 52A head stock, I am looking to get a new complete head but no where offers the 52a just the 31m and 33m, maybe some others. So if I cant find a 52a, which out of all the head castings out there would be best to put on a semi-stock e15s motor. Semi-stock means I did some performance upgrades like port/polish intake and exhaust manifolds, better ignition, intake, exhaust. Also, I am thinking that the previous owner(s) mismatched parts in the motor. If I use a 33m head, which crank and piston numbers should be used with it? I have seen other post where people had problems because of mismatched cranks and pistons.

for example this post: http://www.nissanexa.com/showthread....E16S-N-A-build

·
Registered
1 Posts
41M cylinder head in E10S engine

One more head for the E-series:

I have come across 41M head in an E10(S) engine.

The pistons were also embossed 41M (under the crown, near the gudgeon).

101 - 108 of 108 Posts