Nissan Forum banner
21 - 40 of 108 Posts

·
Ex-mod/nissan guru
2,136 Posts
11M is a standart block... i got the same for the e15t... 15M is the turbo head, but since all the block are the same (but some holes for turbo lines) i wount think it would differ

·
Registered
149 Posts
What does the M2 stand for? My block I'm building is stamped M2 and to the left of that say something, then says Japan.
Hey crazy-mart, where are your oil line/hole located on the block. I'm planing to drill and tap the holes now for future improvement ;) Also, where in Montreal are you located? I have family there and frequently go there.
Rocky

·
Ex-mod/nissan guru
2,136 Posts
im the south shore (st-hubert) to be exact :) would be nice to see you around !! as for the taped oil lines... the return is on the front bottom right, about middle of cylinder 4 and 2 inch from the oil pan.. the oil pressure side is kinda special cuz its taped directly into the oil galery in the back of the engine... ill try to get pics to show it to you by next week...i would definitly sugest to use the oil pressure sending unit location if you plan on turboing the NA block.. in conjunction with a pressure limiter/vavle (would be about 10-15lbs max) or else youll destroy the seal in the turbo...

·
Ex-mod/nissan guru
2,136 Posts
on my block... i got "nissan japan" "11M" "2M" and some 38262 or something too... like i said its probably the mold ## casted into the mold it self refering to the part ## ... Ie 11M is standart E-series part ##... 2m could be the mold used for 1.5/1.6 .. i would think the 1M could be the 1l/1.3l ... just a taugh

·
t3h r0XX0r!!
679 Posts
UnaClocker said:
Yeah, that 11M head is mine. It came on that engine I got in the '83 B11. I highly suspect the block was a JDM E15. The head says 11M on the front in the standard place, and in the middle of the inside of the head, just under the camshaft, it also says 11M. This block had notched pistons to clear the valves, I kinda expected it to say 15M when I cleared the grease off the front casting number. heh.. Was 11M a special japanese casting? If it was, is there anything special about it that I might want? IE, is it better than a 33M? :) I have my freshly rebuilt 33M head on that engine for the time being. :)
Gotta love a good mystery. :)
check and see if you've got a Sentra "MPG" model... i don't remember how to check.... i have an '83 MPG, with a hemispherical head (no shrouding...) and shallow-dished, notched pistons... i believe this combo was good for a little more compression than a normal E15. NEVER put the plugs in that head hot. it'll crack like a mofo.

·
just rattle can it
453 Posts
I am so confused. I have an E16 with an E15 head. I got an 11M block, but my pistons are only notched from previous valve damage and machining (so i thought), but when i look at the pistons, they say 33M on the side...what's goin on?

·
Ex-mod/nissan guru
2,136 Posts
there you go, wath i think should be a guide line to part number in the E-serie...

17M - standart e 15
33M - later E16
11M -all E-series...
15M - turbo engine

when i ordered some stuff for my turbo engine i faced some 17M like the crank and piston, 15M head and turbo intake ... 11m block... misc parts are all numbers... or most of them... any input on this Blown, Myet ??

G

·
Crazy-Mart said:
there you go, wath i think should be a guide line to part number in the E-serie...

17M - standart e 15
33M - later E16
11M -all E-series...
15M - turbo engine

my E13 is 41M...have no idea at all

G

·
I know the 15m head has smaller chambers and bigger valves than the other heads .I would like to know what size the valves actually are and what size are the chambers in the other heads like the 33m.What are the largest valves that can safely be put in a 33m head and what are they out of?Also I was looking through an old motorsports catalog and noticed that the inner spring and the spring seat for the E-series has the same part numbers for the ones for an A-series.In the A-series section they listed a competition valve spring that had to be used with a special aluminum retainer.The part number for that spring is the same as the intake spring on a KA24,could this spring be used on the E-series?Why does that spring have to be used with the aluminum retainers?Does it have something to do with the installed height?Is the comp. spring used alone or does it use an inner spring also?It's recommended to use the KA24 intake retainers when putting dual springs on the E-series I wonder if you could go ahead and use the KA24 intake spring also.

·
just rattle can it
453 Posts
Blown has a post somewhere about doing the K-series valve spring swap onto the E-series....do a search....you can use the KA innersprings but you have to have the E head machined down around the valve guide.

·
Ex-mod/nissan guru
2,136 Posts
it is in the sticky thread up this section ... youll use the same spring but with the Ka retainers... look into it youll have all anwsers...

·
t3h r0XX0r!!
679 Posts
Lazarus_023 said:
check and see if you've got a Sentra "MPG" model... i don't remember how to check.... i have an '83 MPG, with a hemispherical head (no shrouding...) and shallow-dished, notched pistons... i believe this combo was good for a little more compression than a normal E15. NEVER put the plugs in that head hot. it'll crack like a mofo.
Update: My MPG E15 has a head similar (or identical) to 11041-17M03 turbo heads...

I now also have several turbo heads (new and used) that i might be willing to sell for the right price... PM me for details.

·
t3h r0XX0r!!
679 Posts
Got bored... cc'ed an E16 head

33M
---E16i head
---combustion chamber volume: approx 24.5cc (poly-spherical)
---valve dia (I/E): 37/30
---low-swirl intake ports

31M
---E16s head
---combustion chamber volume: approx 24.5cc (poly-spherical)
---high-swirl intake ports

15M
---E15ET turbo (or FI) head
---combustion chamber volume: approx 17.9cc (semi-spherical)
---valve dia (I/E): 37/31
---low-swirl intake ports

11M
---E15s head
---combustion chamber volume: approx 18.5cc (semi-spherical)

52A
---E15 head
---combustion chamber volume: approx 21cc (semi-spherical)

·
Registered
138 Posts
Hmmm.. I'll have to look into my mexican sentra to see what's in it.

What head would the E16ET sport? I'm still unsure if the sport coupés down here really came with the E16ET or not. At least the owner's manual does say it did. With 106hp.

·
t3h r0XX0r!!
679 Posts
MomoB12 said:
Hmmm.. I'll have to look into my mexican sentra to see what's in it.

What head would the E16ET sport? I'm still unsure if the sport coupés down here really came with the E16ET or not. At least the owner's manual does say it did. With 106hp.
i'm at a complete loss there... i think the E15ET had 106hp, and an E15ET would make sense, but how the crap would they get an E16 with low enough compression to turbo? especially with the headgasket problems these engines had...

anyone else got info on an E16ET?

·
E15ET Owner
401 Posts
Lazarus_023 said:
anyone else got info on an E16ET?
well i know its possible ot have one and for that matter even a e17et. as ive been doing research for the e15et im building ive stumbled across some info here and there. heres some of that info :D

·
t3h r0XX0r!!
679 Posts
MyClunkyAss12er said:
well i know its possible ot have one and for that matter even a e17et. as ive been doing research for the e15et im building ive stumbled across some info here and there. heres some of that info :D
sorry. *factory* E16ET...

21 - 40 of 108 Posts