Nissan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
ex-Super *********
1,410 Posts
James said:
For the GA16DE? We don't have a MAP sensor...
James is right. We have a MAF sensor. MAP sensors read pressure, MAF sensors read air densitiy. What do you want to know the limit for??? If you are NA the stock one is fine, turbo 5-7psi(Mike Y would know this better, read last months NPM)

·
3 bar MAP
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the 97 and up models have both sensors and yes, the reason for question is my car is going FI. i know that turbo'd hondas usually max around 11psi on their OEM MAP. just curious as to what ours is good for.

·
ex-Super *********
1,410 Posts
javierb14 said:
the 97 and up models have both sensors and yes, the reason for question is my car is going FI. i know that turbo'd hondas usually max around 11psi on their OEM MAP. just curious as to what ours is good for.

I belived that the newer Sentras had an Absolute psi sensor for sensing ambiant(sp) psi for the reason of judging altitude. I was also under the impression that Honda MAPs cant tolerate boost at all.

Come on gurus help us out..

·
3 bar MAP
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I belived that the newer Sentras had an Absolute psi sensor for sensing ambiant(sp) psi for the reason of judging altitude.

that could be reason why nissan decided to install it. it just caught my attention because the actually sensor in my car is labeled "boost sensor". hmmm...it makes u wonder. i would post a pic of it, but my car is at the shop right now. maybe tomorroww.

·
ex-Super *********
1,410 Posts
What year is your B14? Tell me where you see that sensor and I will go out and look at mine. Then I will look at a service manual and tell ya what is up with it.

·
3 bar MAP
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
mines a 97..do u have a nissan fsm, i have the haynes and it doesnt give any specs other than it sees between zero and five volts:mad:

the sensor is on the firwall...if u look behind the throttle body, it should be to the right if i remember correctly.

thanks

·
3 bar MAP
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
oh, and i meant that the oem honda maps can tolerate up to 11lbs of boost if the signal is modified, like with a piggback or something

·
ex-Super *********
1,410 Posts
Found it.. I looked at where the vac line lead and they do go into the manifold..but there is a couple of other things it hits first. As far as running FI. I dont think you will have to worry about it. Ask Mike Y to be sure.. I dont think he has touched his.

·
ex-Super *********
1,410 Posts
Just got some info about he Honda MAP.. you were right the MAP can handle up to 11psi. The problem is the ECU has a shit fit if is sees boost, so you must alter the signal to the ECU or alter the psi to the MAP

·
ex-Super *********
1,410 Posts
javierb14 said:
does your say boost sensor on it? i guess we will find out when someone raises the boost level.

thanks
Yep mine says that. I am sure we will here all about it from Mike Young if there are any problems with it under boost.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts