Nissan Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
cHoPs said:
:thumbup: i mean....yea u can crack open books all day long and read all the necessary info....but when youre out in the field and its time to get dirty..its a whole different ball game:)

oh, and back to the original question: SOME jdm transmissions have LSD. However, you cannot tell if it is LSD or not by looking at it unfortunately. one easy surefire way to tell if your car has LSD at the moment is to jack the front of the car and turn one wheel manually(by hand)...as you are doing this, check the other wheel, if it moves opposite direction...it is non LSD, and if it moves forward like the one you are moving..you are blessed with LSD:)
Oh great you finally decided to answer my question! :thumbup: I thank really do thank you. I tried to do a search but I still was clueless. Maybe if someone else could drive my car they could tell. I had a 200sx ser before this thing I drive now and it kind of feels the same. Not by power but as in
taking off. I was told by Anthony who has the ga16det that the 1.6 tranny do not come with lsd. My only reason for asking this question is because I was not satisfied with my search. Any who does any one know if there is any difference in horsepower between the usdm ga16de and the jdm one.

· Wise Cracker
6,155 Posts
Gxe coupe said:
Oh great you finally decided to answer my question! :thumbup: I thank really do thank you. I tried to do a search but I still was clueless. Maybe if someone else could drive my car they could tell. I had a 200sx ser before this thing I drive now and it kind of feels the same. Not by power but as in
taking off. I was told by Anthony who has the ga16det that the 1.6 tranny do not come with lsd. My only reason for asking this question is because I was not satisfied with my search. Any who does any one know if there is any difference in horsepower between the usdm ga16de and the jdm one.
There is FOR SURE a transmission from Japan from the N14 chassis cars that had a different gea set and a viscous LSD. I am 100% certain, hell I have the part # for the Nismo replacement LSD that works with THAT TRANNY ONLY.

You cannot half ass this if you want to know for sure. You need to take the gear-box apart to be 100% sure.