Nissan Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do the nissan vehicles in japan with ga16de come with limited slip?
I am asking this question because i am changing my axles for the third time.
I did the usdm to the jdm swap in june and I can easily spin both wheels when I launch.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Gxe coupe said:
Do the nissan vehicles in japan with ga16de come with limited slip?
I am asking this question because i am changing my axles for the third time.
I did the usdm to the jdm swap in june and I can easily spin both wheels when I launch.
Okay i wanna say thanx but..
I dont have to rev and dump the clutch for both tires to spin. When the car gets second both tires respond. Can YOU do a burn out and smoke both tires? I can and no I dont have the horsepower but i can feel a big difference in my jdm 1.6. Finally every axle that I broke was in the same spot, its if the axles arent strong enough.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
cHoPs said:
:thumbup: i mean....yea u can crack open books all day long and read all the necessary info....but when youre out in the field and its time to get dirty..its a whole different ball game:)

oh, and back to the original question: SOME jdm transmissions have LSD. However, you cannot tell if it is LSD or not by looking at it unfortunately. one easy surefire way to tell if your car has LSD at the moment is to jack the front of the car and turn one wheel manually(by hand)...as you are doing this, check the other wheel, if it moves opposite direction...it is non LSD, and if it moves forward like the one you are moving..you are blessed with LSD:)
Oh great you finally decided to answer my question! :thumbup: I thank really do thank you. I tried to do a search but I still was clueless. Maybe if someone else could drive my car they could tell. I had a 200sx ser before this thing I drive now and it kind of feels the same. Not by power but as in
taking off. I was told by Anthony who has the ga16det that the 1.6 tranny do not come with lsd. My only reason for asking this question is because I was not satisfied with my search. Any who does any one know if there is any difference in horsepower between the usdm ga16de and the jdm one.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.