Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do the nissan vehicles in japan with ga16de come with limited slip?
I am asking this question because i am changing my axles for the third time.
I did the usdm to the jdm swap in june and I can easily spin both wheels when I launch.

·
wont go any faster?
475 Posts
Gxe coupe said:
I did the usdm to the jdm swap in june and I can easily spin both wheels when I launch.
im not sure but my sentra auto spun both tires all the time. and my 200sx standard does it alot too. i thought about welding my spider gears together but i couldnt afford the cv shafts lol. but if there is a tranny thats made for ga16de thats got lsd i want one

·
Drop-Out
1,892 Posts
The only resson both tires spin from a launch is because when you rev up the engine and dump the clutch, there is so much power being put down to the pavement it makes both wheels spin

usdm Ga16de do not come with lsd

·
Powered By hopes & dreams
8,328 Posts
I highly doubt that you're making enough power to need, or even take advantage of a limited slip. and spinning both tires at launch....you mean chirp? hell, anyone can make the tires spin when they dump the clutch, no LSD is going to stop that.

·
wont go any faster?
475 Posts
chimmike said:
I highly doubt that you're making enough power to need, or even take advantage of a limited slip. and spinning both tires at launch....you mean chirp? hell, anyone can make the tires spin when they dump the clutch, no LSD is going to stop that.
well not now but if i planed on turboing my car in the far future that would be a nice thing to have but since they dont have it i guess i dont want it lol
also in my first post i ment to say i didnt think it was lsd but my auto did spin both tires. hense saying if they did make a lsd tranny i want one

·
Wise Cracker
5,730 Posts
VERY FEW of the N14 31A gearboxes from japan have an LSD, they also have EXCELLENT gear ratio's and a great final drive gear. The problem is that aside from visual inspection there is no easy way to tell which JDM tranny your getting and the majority of them do not have an LSD.

Additionally Nismo does make an LSD that fits the JDM LSD gearbox however it does not fit in any other tranny.

I currently have the JGY LSD (psudo phantom grip) and I also plan on using the old Nisan Motorsports final drive to help out with ratio's. Ultimately I would like to find the JDM LSD tranny so that I could swap that gearset into my tranny. If you have a B14 you MUST swap the gearset as the JDM tranny lacks the boss for the CAS.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Gxe coupe said:
Okay i wanna say thanx but..
I dont have to rev and dump the clutch for both tires to spin. When the car gets second both tires respond. Can YOU do a burn out and smoke both tires? I can and no I dont have the horsepower but i can feel a big difference in my jdm 1.6. Finally every axle that I broke was in the same spot, its if the axles arent strong enough.

·
Wise Cracker
5,730 Posts
Gxe coupe said:
I dont have to rev and dump the clutch for both tires to spin. When the car gets second both tires respond. Can YOU do a burn out and smoke both tires? I can and no I dont have the horsepower but i can feel a big difference in my jdm 1.6. Finally every axle that I broke was in the same spot, its if the axles arent strong enough.
Yes it's possible to do a two tire burnout without an LSD.

·
My ass, your face
3,520 Posts
Gxe coupe said:

haha...you probably dont know how to drive stick...people who dont drive stick tend to chirp gears(1st) and whatnot..also, i doubt youre breaking axles because of the power youre putting down....there are tons of people driving a lot harder with more power to the wheels who use oem spec axles.....

·
Wise Cracker
5,730 Posts
cHoPs said:
haha...you probably dont know how to drive stick...people who dont drive stick tend to chirp gears(1st) and whatnot..also, i doubt youre breaking axles because of the power youre putting down....there are tons of people driving a lot harder with more power to the wheels who use oem spec axles.....
No wonder your rep is so low. You need to work on your delivery man!!!!

·
My ass, your face
3,520 Posts
wes said:
No wonder your rep is so low. You need to work on your delivery man!!!!

haha :thumbup: ur right wes!!, although i was wondering why u or anyone else hadnt ripped on em yet.:confused:

i didnt mean it to come off as a flaming post....but more of a way to get a point accross...just worded wrong:(

·
Wise Cracker
5,730 Posts
cHoPs said:
haha :thumbup: ur right wes!!, although i was wondering why u or anyone else hadnt ripped on em yet.:confused:

i didnt mean it to come off as a flaming post....but more of a way to get a point accross...just worded wrong:(

That seems to be a problem of yours ;)

At any rate I try not to rip on people, remember no question is stupid no matter how many times it is asked (as long as it's by different people). The way I see it many of here have been around for years and had read and answered the same questions MANY MORE times than the majority of the people here and if were not tired of it then I guess others shouldn't be.

Secondly there was a time when we all were clueless, hell many of the people who CLAIM to know what they are talking about still don't have a clue. Without asking questions we willnot/cannot learn.

·
My ass, your face
3,520 Posts
oh well yea....thats one thing i noticed. however, even chimmike can attest to some people who simply do not search...i dont have a problem with people asking questions....i dont think ive ever really told anyone to search without giving them information. i dont expect someone who doesnt know how to work on cars to go out and rip the engine bay trying to learn..but i also do believe that hands on experience/research is the strongest teacher. maybe its just me....which it probably is

·
Wise Cracker
5,730 Posts
cHoPs said:
oh well yea....thats one thing i noticed. however, even chimmike can attest to some people who simply do not search...i dont have a problem with people asking questions....i dont think ive ever really told anyone to search without giving them information. i dont expect someone who doesnt know how to work on cars to go out and rip the engine bay trying to learn..but i also do believe that hands on experience/research is the strongest teacher. maybe its just me....which it probably is
No I am a FIRM believer that hands on is second to NONE!

·
My ass, your face
3,520 Posts
wes said:
No I am a FIRM believer that hands on is second to NONE!

:thumbup: i mean....yea u can crack open books all day long and read all the necessary info....but when youre out in the field and its time to get dirty..its a whole different ball game:)

oh, and back to the original question: SOME jdm transmissions have LSD. However, you cannot tell if it is LSD or not by looking at it unfortunately. one easy surefire way to tell if your car has LSD at the moment is to jack the front of the car and turn one wheel manually(by hand)...as you are doing this, check the other wheel, if it moves opposite direction...it is non LSD, and if it moves forward like the one you are moving..you are blessed with LSD:)

·
Registered
101 Posts
oh sweet mine has an lsd then! i bought the car (salvaged title blah blah new motor tranny ect...) and when i saw this post, i had to find out. and both wheels spin the same direction.

·