Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey got a question guys, what do u think of those lightweight flywheels, i know they give u better throttle response and what not but wouldnt a stock one carry more intertia to grab better when u shift, would the sudden torque of the wheels carryed by a higher gear kill the engines power for a sec if it had a lightweight on there?

·
NX2000 Bredren
212 Posts
Slacky said:
hey got a question guys, what do u think of those lightweight flywheels, i know they give u better throttle response and what not but wouldnt a stock one carry more intertia to grab better when u shift, would the sudden torque of the wheels carryed by a higher gear kill the engines power for a sec if it had a lightweight on there?
To put it simply. There is no Exactly correct answer for this. It has been discussed a MILLION times. But what it really comes down to, is your driving preference. Some people like Lightweight flywheels and some dont. If you are N/A most likely you will love the lightest of the light flywheels. But if you are Turbo you probably wont like a lightweight flywheel because you will either spin or bog off the line while trying to launch. Its up to you...

People can come on here and speak about Inertial loss and blah bla. But what it really comes down to is your preference.

N/A I would go with a Fidanza 8lb flywheel. Turbo I would try to find an 11lb flywheel or go with an SR16VE Flywheel if I wanted one.

My preference is to have a lightweight flywheel in the mix though since most of the fun I have in my car is in turns and while already driving, not from a stop/launch.

But most people who have them love them (Unless they are turbo)

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks a million guess i will just stick to a stock flywheel then considering i have no idea personnaly what the difference is

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have one in my sentra,it's 13 lbs and it is a great medium between stock,and lightweight flywheel.It does not lose the rpm's like the 8 lbs ones,yet,it launches pretty quick,and the difference in acceleration is tremendous.Plus you can shift faster,because of the momentum slowing down faster,and in turn slowing down your synchros,and not grinding gears when drag racing.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
very good point about the synchros didnt even have that in mind while breaking down the item for good and bad list thoughts 13 it is, whats the stock weight? just curious if ya know so i can maybe calculate for a difference because my car is turbo

1 - 5 of 5 Posts