Nissan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a '91 300zx TT. When i first bought the car one of the low-beam head lights was dim and one was bright. i checked everything (bulbs, grounds, relays, fuses) and couldn't find a remedy to the problem. Finally replaced the headlight switch and that fixed the problem. So now both headlights are equally bright but i still can't see crap in the dark! I got some stupid fake HID lights that are supposedly brighter than OE but they still suck. Does anyone have an idea of what could be wrong. I'm tired of everyone flashing me for driving with my brights on...

·
Banned
3,554 Posts
I would check all connections with the lighting harness. I wouldn't run the fake HID's they fried my passenger side headlight plug-in that plugs directly to the bulb. Clean all the contacts again etc..

·
Banned
3,785 Posts
Ah well then they must not be aimed right. If you can find the adjustments, you can do it yourself, just park in front of a wall and aim the lights lower and even. If you can't find the adjustments a dealership should be happy to do it, they have all the leveling equipment to set them at the right angle...

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys! I'll try that. I bet it might be the aiming adjustment because the previous owner drove with the brights on non-stop so he could actually see. I'll check it out when i get home tonight...

·
Banned
3,554 Posts
Should just be a couple screws you adjust..

·
Registered
72 Posts
your lenses might need cleaning.

·
Registered
52 Posts
is it just screw adjustment, i found those plastic tools in my 90 z and i have them in my 91. the dealer told me they were headlamp adjusting tools.

???

·
Registered
72 Posts
i dont know anyone who knows how to use the headlight aiming tools, rumor has it that nissan can do it because they have the other parts to it.

·
Registered
39 Posts
it is in the service manual on how to use the tool you know the super thick one that looks like a phone book there should be a link to it on this forum under manual I had the same problem you might want to get some good fog lamps also

·
Registered
1 Posts
scafidipro said:
I own a '91 300zx TT. When i first bought the car one of the low-beam head lights was dim and one was bright. i checked everything (bulbs, grounds, relays, fuses) and couldn't find a remedy to the problem. Finally replaced the headlight switch and that fixed the problem. So now both headlights are equally bright but i still can't see crap in the dark! I got some stupid fake HID lights that are supposedly brighter than OE but they still suck. Does anyone have an idea of what could be wrong. I'm tired of everyone flashing me for driving with my brights on...

I have a HID setup on mine, the real deal not the fake gas bulbs that melt your wireing harness and explode :p

If you want that HID look for a good price I would suggest you visit this site: http://www.hidexpress.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=10

To fix your problem though, sounds to me like one of your ground wires might not be grounded quite right... trace the wires and make sure every thing is nice and tight. I had that problem on my 92 GSR Hatch Back

1 - 11 of 11 Posts