Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need more lighting in front of my car. I have a pair of euro-projectors (didn't know the halos where coming out, still look nice though). I have stock bulbs on them, but heard to go w/ superwhites of good quality(e.g. PIAA) so I don't burn housing/wire etc...

I was also thinking of getting some PIAA's (Looking for good quality and good price) - the ones that mount just inside the fog lights....(since my fogs w/ superwhites are still weak and my right one always gets burned out)..

Anywho...(Dude you're getting a Dell!)

1.) What wattage should I get, where and are mounting PIAA's hard?

2.) Should I get superwhites for my projectors, even though I heard that its better to add them b4 installing them?

Your input will be greatly appreciated....
Still, fear no Honda!!

·
Registered
672 Posts
whats wrong with your lights that you need more lighting?
are your euro heads blue by anychance?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Reply...

No... the euro heads are not blue. Sometimes the projectors give off a bluish purple look...although I think that's just light from (e.g. the sun reflecting off the chrome housing and projector lens!!

Also....my brights barely work (They just project the light up on a 45 degree slope (so they actually look darker than just my headlights on). Is this normal..?

·
PB JELLY TIME!
1,484 Posts
Why would you possibly need more lighting? If millions of people can do with their standard factory lights, how come you cant live with already modified lights? It cant be that dark where you live. And you would just end up annoying other drivers that are facing you.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
First things first....

You are in Florida...you don't have to worry about shitty potholes and black ice on the road, like I do in Chicago. The roads are much better and don't get damaged as much by ice, snow etc..

Sometimes in various suburbs and even in the City there is little to no street lights and you can sometimes barely see in front of you. Most people have piaa's so that they can see further up the road and in foggy conditions.

Hope this helps to answer your questions...also I am not sure if my projectors are installed right, even though I had them installed at a shop..

Do you have the same issue with your brights (Where they project up at a stoplight ,instead of further up the road?):(

·
Registered
125 Posts
you mean not high quality but a lower power super white bulb. I know of a few people whole melted their crystal or projector headlights beacuse they put toomuch of a high power bulb

1 - 7 of 7 Posts