Nissan Forum banner

Lifting advice

988 views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  Sentrabeater02 
#1 ·
I just bought a 2002 Nissan Sentra gxe, I plan on doing nothing with it but beating it to the ground in the desert. But I do want it to last at least a little longer so I want to give it some height. What would be the cheapest and easiest way to lift this bad boy? Any advice appreciated

#2 ·
Usually people want to lower cars, rather than lift them, especially when it comes to Sentra. Since it has struts front and rear, I would thing adding spacers to the tops of the struts would be the easiest and cheapest way. However, you'll probably have to have them custom made, especially so in the rear. Then, depending on how much you want to lift it, you'll have to look at parts affected by installing spacers, i.e. the length of the brake hoses.

#3 ·
Well I'm obviously not going to lower a car I don't even like and am just going to abuse off road, but thank you for the advice. do you by chance know any good machining/manufacturing companies/people that could do a good job? I live in the middle of nowhere so there's nothing to help me around here, I'd need someone who would be willing to ship their final product

#4 ·
A metal fab shop that does CNC machining would be your best bet, but they'll need some specific information in order to create the parts. In other words, you need to design the part to be made. You'll also need longer studs or bolts, as applies, to make up the difference of the thickness of the spacer. If you can find someone that has done something similar, they can probably help you out with some good info, but you may be looking at a one-off project.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.