Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I open the rear liftgate on my 95' Pathfinder SE the rear dome light does not come on no matter what position the selector is in (the bulb does work though). I figure it is probably the switch since I had to replace 2 of the door switches. There is a switch under the gate for the tire carrier but I cannot see a switch for the gate itself. What turns that light on???

·
Registered
104 Posts
two places I would check are along the top and also on the bottom where the gate is locked into place.
I may be wrong though, I don't really remember where I saw it before.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
When I open the rear liftgate on my 95' Pathfinder SE the rear dome light does not come on no matter what position the selector is in (the bulb does work though). I figure it is probably the switch since I had to replace 2 of the door switches. There is a switch under the gate for the tire carrier but I cannot see a switch for the gate itself. What turns that light on???
I had this problem before and by fluke, I fixed it. What I did was spray some WD-40 into the latch, the piece that's in the gate. Open and closed it a few times and worked.

·
3,553 Posts
The switch is inside the tailgate itself, attached to the lock linkage. Pull the plastic panel off and have a look.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts