Nissan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
duh that would help. Its a 94 nissan hardbody ext cab, 4x4, 4cyl.it has 78k on it, i just did a full tune up including timming chain, all new fluides, but the idler and pitman arm are starting to show a little bit of play so i know i need to replace those and im figuring on new wheel bearings and ball joints while im in the front end. I found a lift for under 400 at this website.
(store.4wheelingplus.com) and then just look for nissan. Im kinda on a budget so any and all info is great info. thanks:newbie:

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
lifts are easy to put on. just take your time. you will have to re-index the t-bars to get the full lift. just dont torque them all the way, leave about 1/2" from the bump stops. the idler arm is one of the weak links in the steering, I would highly suggest getting an idler bracket as well. they run around 40.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok i got the new idlerarm and bracket, also got new balljoints, figure im in there might as well. how do i reindex the tbars?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
which way do i turn the tbars to set them back to factory after the lift, also is there any problems you ran into , i heard you have to press the control arms bolts in, is that true? and any extra things i might need to buy. thanks for the help

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
which way do i turn the tbars to set them back to factory after the lift, also is there any problems you ran into , i heard you have to press the control arms bolts in, is that true? and any extra things i might need to buy. thanks for the help
you dont turn the t-bars, just the anchor at the end of the tbar, which is underneath the cab. as you loosen the tbar bolts you will see the anchor come down, you will need to loosen (only) the 3 or 4 bolts for the front anchor after you have taken the rear anchor bolt out. notice where the anchor sits, slide the tbar out of the front anchor, slide tbar out of rear anchor and reinstall tbar 2-3 teeth (so the anchor is lower than it was to begin with) reinstall the front of the tbar and then tighten the front anchor bolts and then the rear. keep at least 1/2" to 3/4" of spacing for UCA stop bushing (they do make shorter ones of these as well, low profile) if you have it touching the bushing you will tear up axles and ball joints. hope this makes sense.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts