Nissan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just found out after missing 2 days of work for 3 interviews for the same company that i didnt get the job... almost lost my current job over it and all they can say is i didnt get the job.. i hate life i'm getting so wasted tonight... that is all... :cheers:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
crazy2002mexican said:
lift your head up man, just try harder and you'll stumble upon somethin, my last days in the army are coming up and im going to need a job somewhere in the dfw area....
oh i'm not giving up... its just my amigo jose cuervo will help me thru it a little better.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i'm going to add this in there too... i hate the IT field so there.. i'm gonna take like some real estate classes or go get a job at guitar center for the rest of my life atleast i like music.. i dont even like IT anymore.

·
Back in a Nissan....
105 Posts
bkeasley said:
i'm going to add this in there too... i hate the IT field so there.. i'm gonna take like some real estate classes or go get a job at guitar center for the rest of my life atleast i like music.. i dont even like IT anymore.
WERD, i left Software Spectrum 3 years ago due to the complete instability of the industry. Still keep the MCSE up to date but I doubt I'll ever use it again.

·
All Show...trust me!
164 Posts
bkeasley said:
Don't knock the real estate biz lol....I make a passable income in the real estate biz. lol

·
DNE's VZR Conversion
6,079 Posts
LatinMax said:
Don't knock the real estate biz lol....I make a passable income in the real estate biz. lol
so have you signed up with eHomeshowings.com yet ? hahaha :thumbup:

·
In Ur Threadz - Deleting!
1,906 Posts
LatinMax said:
lol @ 'passable income'
Suuuuuure Gabe...I know you're living from paycheck to paycheck. :hal:

:p
:cheers:

·
even better the 2nd time
2,719 Posts
Sterling2000 said:
WERD, i left Software Spectrum 3 years ago due to the complete instability of the industry. Still keep the MCSE up to date but I doubt I'll ever use it again.
i worked there for a while too
what a crap hole

·
Registered
8 Posts
Wow that sux. IT isn't for everyone for sure, but it keeps Bluebob, 2k2madmax, ny98max, and myself employed (and I'm sure there are more.) It's definitely competitive. There are definitely other fields that are easier to get into.

·
Registered
1 Posts
In about an hour I am heading over to the career fair to try and find a job to apply my soon-to-be-obtained EE degree to. Hopefully I can make this thing pay off.

·
specV Addict
855 Posts
t56gen3 said:
Wow that sux. IT isn't for everyone for sure, but it keeps Bluebob, 2k2madmax, ny98max, and myself employed (and I'm sure there are more.) It's definitely competitive. There are definitely other fields that are easier to get into.
its kept me employed for almost 3 years now

·
All Show...trust me!
164 Posts
MrEous said:
lol @ 'passable income'
Suuuuuure Gabe...I know you're living from paycheck to paycheck. :hal:

:p
all I will say is.......... :)

·
Registered
0 Posts
bkeasley said:
HERE HERE!:D I too used to work in IT for some years, and eventually found myself burnt out and hating the job. I kinda think I had my major midlife crisis early because now I'm involved in setting up ponds and aquariums, and I'm hoping to work towards a future career as either a master scuba dive instructor, or as a marine biologist or dolphin trainer. I had the revelation/inspiration to do so while I was diving on vacation in Cozumel. I was dreading going back to the IT world as my vacation was almost over. I decided, I really hate IT, so why do something you hate when there are people getting paid to do something they are passionate about? I love diving and the ocean, specifically all the facinating creatures that live there. While I was diving on vacation, I was thinking about how the guide gets paid to do this for a living! So I thought, "Why can't I do this?" Then I started thinking about all the stuff that really interests me, and how I might turn that into a career, and thats what I came up with. I also concluded that to get the career I want, I should live near the ocean somewhere. I haven't done that yet, for a lot of reasons (not the least of which is money), but I'm working on it. I'm going to get as much training as I can locally first, and see how my pond and aquarium business goes for a couple years, and then figure out where to go from there. I guess my point is, do something you really enjoy, even if you might get paid better doing something else. Your happiness will be well worth the difference in pay.

BTW- I have talked to a number of professional dive guides/instructors, as well as a dolphin trainer now, and allthough none of them are particularly wealthy, they all say they love their job and wouldn't want to do anything else. I don't know about you, but I've never heard anyone in IT say that about their job.

·
Registered
8 Posts
While I agree that IT isn't for everyone, I do love my job and don't see myself doing anything else for a living. Over 5 years in this industry and counting...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Imobejoas said:
Although this is off the record, I'm training to be a cage fighter....
haha thats good... the only thing i like to do wont pay my rent.. bands make crappy money i've been there done that.. have some cd's never went anywhere but back to IT haha. I wish being a drummer and paying bills was a lot easier but hey as long as i can pay bills i dont care what i do. I have all i need to be happy my shea and thats all i need as long as i'm not on the streets haha

1 - 20 of 21 Posts