Nissan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i was driving home and i hit a curb doin about 25, it was really dark, and raining and i couldnt see the road they construction going on to, with cones but there was no cones in the lane i was in and the bam i hit the center median, now the car is being parted out. check my ad in the classifieds i have evrything to do a 1.6 to 2.0 swap

leng

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well damage is not to significant it can be fixed, damage is underneath the radiator support that has been pulled back and the frame is a lil tweaked.

·
Registered
120 Posts
It's hard to see the extent of damage from your pics, but what can be seen doesn't look that bad. Did your insurance company write it off as totaled?
Apart from being shook up, I hope you're okay.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well underneath the radiator is pulled back and the frame is kinda pulled. as you look at tehpicture straight on my motor is moved toward the passenger firewall, and i know it will never drive the same for me again. not my kinda job, maybe someones pride to buy from me and fix it. and yea its disk brakes but someone is interested in teh car.

·
Registered
264 Posts
sentraman said:
well i was driving home and i hit a curb doin about 25, it was really dark, and raining and i couldnt see the road they construction going on to, with cones but there was no cones in the lane i was in and the bam i hit the center median, now the car is being parted out. check my ad in the classifieds i have evrything to do a 1.6 to 2.0 swap

leng
Um... same thing happened to my friend. Except his suspension was DESTROYED. He contacted the construction company and they were forced to fork out 15 grand to have his car fixed because they didn't put up cones on his side or a sign. Maybe you should think of doing the same?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Liability Issues

Kinda suprised the insurance hasn't gone after the construction company myself. You may want to follow up on this with your own lawyer (not through the insurance). As far as insurance goes they totalled it, you get the money honey (never what it's really worth). Now you need to go after the construction company for failure to adequately mark a construction zone (like total disregard man, that is BS) Maybe if you get another pay-out you can afford a nice WRXsti and please post if you find out anything (like a good lawyers opinion on above liability).
I'd love to do an SR swap, what do you think it would cost for that engine and tranny with ecu? Assuming it's still for sale?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts