Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 108 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving in Toronto yesterday, and saw this behind me:

I had no idea what it was, until it passed me. I know what it is now, can anyone guess (don't cheat by looking at the image address)? Pretty neat car, I'll post a link to other pictures of it after someone guesses. Post your other unique cars that you think people won't guess, its fun for the whole family!!

·
West Coast Redneck
1,127 Posts
At first, I thought it looked like a Toyota Paseo...then I realized, no they didn't have the wierd headlights. I then thought "hey, maybe its someone with an S14/S15 front end. The logo on the front is indistinguishable...so I have no clue. I want to say its a Saturn, but naw.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hehe, funny you should say that, I thought exactly the same thing... Paseo?? S13? R32????

·
Oh, Herro!
2,337 Posts
Adam said:
That's what I thought too, the all glass surround kinda gives it away.
Also, take a look at the side windows. Notice how only about half of the window rolls down? Very, very few cars have windows like that - the Subaru SVX and some Lamborghinis are the only ones that come to mind, and that is definately not a Lambo.

BTW - I didn't cheat :) .

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Subaru broke new ground for 1992, releasing the sleek, high-performance SVX luxury coupe as a replacement for its wedge-shaped XT6. Compared to the front- and 4-wheel-drive XT sports coupes, the SVX measured four inches longer in wheelbase and also in overall length. Sole powertrain was a 230-horsepower, 3.3-liter 24-valve flat-6 engine, linked to an electronically controlled 4-speed automatic transmission.
A 230 horsepower automatic??? What a freakin waste... I thought that car was cool till now. :p

·
Nissan Freak
462 Posts
samo said:
Looks like a Subaru SVX.
yeo that is what i was gonna post to
give us a harder one:)

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Mustang? Holy crap that is ugly, looks like a "temporary" kit made out of foam, for some candid pictures though...

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I would have to say that it looks more like an early 90s sunbird. Look at the way the body starts to curve up where the roof folds in, right behind the door. I don't think the doors are long enough for it to be a mustang. But man it's gross.

·
Still moderating..sorta
1,324 Posts
Jesse Jericho said:

A 230 horsepower automatic??? What a freakin waste... I thought that car was cool till now. :p
A 5 speed swap can and has been done. Now what do you think??? :D

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Do you know what year mustang that is supposed to be? The early 90s mustang convertables had the mirror on the door and that one looks like it used to be in the corner not on the actual door. Plus the little triangle window on the sides looks to big. I still say it looks like a sunbird.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I like SVXs, even though it weighs like 3600+ lbs. I'd want one for a commuter/snowboard trip car. :) There aren't that many cool AWD cars to be had for trips to the snow, and I'd certainly rather have one of those over any SUV. But now with the WRX and the A4 quattro, and the S4.... lots of AWD to choose from! Price is the constraining factor. I can't even afford a used SVX. :( Maybe someday. Anyway, I heard only 14,000 SVXs were imported to the US. (Or maybe it's North America total. I dunno.) Such unique looks. I dig 'em.

And that red car looks like a fox body Mustang.

1 - 20 of 108 Posts