Nissan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hay i just wanted to know if anyone has taken out the yellow lens piece on the front lens cover for the turn signal.
I just want to replace to bulbs and leave off the yellow peace.
gotta save money ya know.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
SO I TAKE IT nobody has done this before. ive seen sub ees do it, whats up with the sentra, come on people.

·
Not Anymore.
5,014 Posts
i may have done this but it is really illegal in md :(
if you do it, definately post pics :D

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok, i have to see if i can do it, with out breaking the head light. with the subees all you have to do is heat up the lens and pull it off, take out the yellow cover, then put some rubber bondo on the seal, and then put it back.

·
What is Seven Ten for?
2,917 Posts
is the yellow piece inside of the casing? If so then stick the headlight in the oven for a very few minutes, this will loosen the glue so you can pry them apart, be very very carful while doing this.

Search around, I know there are topics on this, most people do this because they get water in the headlights/tailights and they fog up.

·
What is Seven Ten for?
2,917 Posts
NoTTaSIN said:
yea man, i have heard of doing that too, but how long, and at what temp.
Like I said, do a search, I think I did mine at 250 for like 5 minutes to get the fog out of mine, it was so long ago I really dont' remember. Just do it at a lower temp for a short time and give it a try. If it doesn't work turn it up a tad and try again in a few more minutes. Be very careful because the glass will be very frigile.

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
i have read 175 for about 8 or 10 minutes. wear gloves or you will burn your self :thumbup:

·
Registered
86 Posts
if you do it, make sure to seal the shit out of it, b/c if you miss anywhere, you'll get fog and it'll look worse then when you had the amber in there.

i did it to my old acura's side marker lamps. i used a heat gun instead of the oven, however i recommend the oven since it will heat the lights more evenly.

·
What is Seven Ten for?
2,917 Posts
yeah, make sure to seal them back very very well. IF the silicone has become hard when you go to put them back together stick them back in the oven and let them warm up so you can work with it again.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts