Nissan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Yes it can be done. There is a company called skyline motors that does it in the US. But why would you want to ruin a perfectly good car by converting it to LHD? Plus they want like 10k to do it.

In 2-3 hours of driving you will be totally used to RHD. Then what is the point of having a totally JDM car like a skyline and then converting it to LHD?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes you are correct but if I had the cash to by a GTR33 10k to make it LHD would be no big deal. I don't really care about it being JDM. I just don't like the look of RHD. Not that I could ever afford one. (maybe if a rich relative died)

·
Super-Mod with a 240
2,375 Posts
Here is another:

·
Banned
329 Posts
This gets asked a lot and I really don't know why. Driving a RHD car is not the same as answering the riddels of the universe. I had never driven a RHD car till I came to Japan but I hae been driving for over 14 years in the US prior to coming. So, when I drove RHD, it was weird for about 10 minutes and then you brain adjusts. Driving is driving and if anyone can't adjust, then they really shouldn't be driving anyway. In fact, I have gotten so used to RHD, I now prefer it over LHD.

·
Registered
549 Posts
That steering wheel looks like the one in my car. I agree with scourge though if you adjust to RHD you shouldn't be driving. Correct me if I am wrong but the pedals are the same far right is gas middle is brake and far left is clutch. The shifter is the same but you do with your left instead of right. So it can't be that different. Aesthetically I don't know if it's worth 10K to switch. I mean I wouldn't mind having a RHD car but I would just get a RHD car I couldn't see myself spending the cash to switch it to RHD instead of spending it on stuff to either make it handle better or go faster. Just my $0.02.

·
Banned
329 Posts
Pedlas are the same and the shift pattern in the same. There is really nothing exotic about RHD. The only issue I have ever had is that I always have to "cup" the shifter from 2nd to 3rd instead of popping it in like I did in my LHD car shifting with my right hand. It really is easy and if you ever get t odo it, you will see why.

·
Super-Mod with a 240
2,375 Posts
I have driven both RHD and LHD, I never had a difficulty adjusting to anyone of the two.

·
Registered
81 Posts
That's almost Sacreligious to me!!

Changing a car from RHD to LHD is like cutting off your manhood and having it stitched onto your back!! Something that aint meant to happen... Hahaaa

·
Super-Mod with a 240
2,375 Posts
Ummm, I don't know if its that bad. I don't think either way is right or wrong.

·
Super-Mod with a 240
2,375 Posts
I think they had to use an interior from another car to make it work (I'd guess a Camry because of the way the dash is), which would entail the difference between the two. Remember that Skylines never had LHD versions (until now), so that means some sort of custom work was involved to make the car into a LHD.

·
Super-Mod with a 240
2,375 Posts
No they didn't. The BB was never offered in the country where this car is.

·
Avtomat Kalashnikov
1,741 Posts
Yes it has been done many, many times...even in my country..
Left Hand drive Skylines are available in Europe...there was a Russian member in this forum who posted his groups LHD Skylines...you can search for it in the member rides section.

·
Banned
329 Posts
harris81, are you aware that the Skyline wasn't available in the country where it now is? The BB has been listed mroe than once as a LHD replacement for the R33.

·
Super-Mod with a 240
2,375 Posts
I lived there (United Arab Emirates) for 18 years. I know the Skyline wasn't sold there (cars are LHD in the UAE), and neither was the Bluebird. I said I don't think it may have been the donor, but I probably am not as knowledgable on that as you. Anyway, if you think it was the BB, then I guess you are the better judge of that my friend.

·
Banned
329 Posts
harris81, I didn't mean to come across as some sort of all knowing expert, but I have read the BB makes an excellent donor and that is what the guy at toprpm used. That, and the guy obviously has the cash to get any part from anywhere in the world or even get it customized. He doesn't suffer from any monetary limitation that we might.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts