Nissan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yes thats right, every turbo car owners nightmare. leaking turbos!! i took my car to a Z shop and he told me that theres no way to replace just the turbo seals. is this true or is he just tellin me that so i have to spend all my money on new turbos? i was thinking that i might as well upgrade them beings i have to get new ones anyway. i was thinkin bout going with the jwt 550bb turbo kit. i really want the 730bb's but thats prolly just a waste of power right? my car is only a stage 3 so far. i have big dreams though,lol, just need the money. i would like some opinions on what turbo kit to get and also which cams, lift, and fuel injectors? also what kind of power and 1/4 mile times do you think i can get from this turbo upgrade? ill prolly post again with more questions later. thanks

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
oh i forgot one more thing. what else should i do while i have the engine out?

·
Registered
72 Posts
you can rebuild your turbos alot cheaper than new ones cost.

·
Banned
3,785 Posts
Shadow Z said:
Yeah no kidding, And what was that guy talking about "can't replace the seals" wtf? Last time I looked, you could take a turbo apart......

·
Power FC Z32
2,147 Posts
Shadow Z said:
Rebuilt is a very, very bad idea for the Z32. They have a 98% failure rate from my experiance.

I can't strees it enough, STAY AWAY FROM REBUILTS!!!!

This rule only applies to Z32's.

·
Banned
3,785 Posts
Spongerider said:
Rebuilt is a very, very bad idea for the Z32. They have a 98% failure rate from my experiance.

I'd say it depended on the shop that did the rebuild.... You do it right they shouldn't fail at all. Heck I've rebuilt several turbos in my garage: T3,T25,14B,13G,16G to name most of them and to my knowledge they are all still on the road.......... ;)

·
Power FC Z32
2,147 Posts
I'd say it depended on the shop that did the rebuild.... You do it right they shouldn't fail at all. Heck I've rebuilt several turbos in my garage: T3,T25,14B,13G,16G to name most of them and to my knowledge they are all still on the road.......... ;)
I would say that holds true with almost everything except Z32 rebuilt turbos. I use to believe the way you did til I started seeing rebuilt problems all the time.

Mike K. would agree.

·
Banned
3,785 Posts
Spongerider said:
I would say that holds true with almost everything except Z32 rebuilt turbos. I use to believe the way you did til I started seeing rebuilt problems all the time.

Mike K. would agree.
Why are the Z32 turbos so touchy.....?

·
Power FC Z32
2,147 Posts
Why are the Z32 turbos so touchy.....?
Good question, honestly I don't really know why Z32 rebuilt turbos go bad. (hard facts) :dumbass:

I do know that the seals and bushing go really quick and suspect that the shops are replacing them with lesser quality seals or the tolerance are not as tight as OEM.

If the turbo is going in for a rebuilt get new CHRA put in they will be reliable.

I've been around Z32 since 1992 and have seen alot of money wasted on rebuilt turbos, no joke. :(

On another Z32 site there is a long documented faiure rate on rebuilt turbos since it was introduced for the Z32.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
so any1 have suggestions on what turbos to get or what else to upgrade while my engine is out?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Spongerider said:

is this the z32 oe turbos or all after market turbos for the z32?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts