Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my 2004 Nissan Pathfinder i am seeming to have a water leak in the cargo area. There have been no accidents, but there are marks on the bolts that bolt the lid on. It leaks in the corners of the cargo area and it looks as though the water is coming over the weather seals at the top of the lid. Anybody else have similar issues? Any help would be a great. thanks.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I have cleaned the seals up before on other cars and then let them dry on a nice day. After that I havent seen a leak. I did also get a lot of dirt and junk off though.

It is also important that the seals are dry before you close the glass, any seal I used (sunroof, back window), seems to give me an issue if they get fairly wet, a little wet is ok, but if you do clean them, make sure they are really dry before using them again

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Whats the best way to clean out the seals? I have removed the debris from around the lower lip of the seal. And there was a lot of trash. But there seems to be a lot of leaking. Whats the best cleaning technique?

·
Registered
104 Posts
I'm not sure of the best, I usualy just take water or a mild cleaner and a paper towel or something and go over the seal where it meets the glass.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
I'm not sure of the best, I usualy just take water or a mild cleaner and a paper towel or something and go over the seal where it meets the glass.
If it's still leaking after the clean up, you may have to change the seal. On the other hand, if it's only leaking a bit and you don't wanna spend a few hundred $, then I suggest duct tape.

Cut out strips and apply to the glass where the seal compresses. I'd cut the strips in half, just to make it look cleaner. I'm sure black would be the best colour since the glass is already tinted.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts