Nissan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now my question to all you with a GA16DE motor. First question is how do i remove engine oil from the spark plug tube, do i remove the spark plug and let the oil drain into the combustion chamber and then start the car or are there any better suggestions? My second question is what do i do for sealing the valve cover back onto the head and the spark plug tube seal, do i use a tube of Forma Gasket or do i use actuall gaskets? Another question i have is should i do an oil change while im at it i just did an oil change last month but i am concerned if i need to drain the oil out of the engine to crack the Valve Cover off? Lastly what are some of your opinions on PCV Valve replacement?

·
Registered
4,208 Posts

·
Registered
734 Posts
i just replaced the small seal for the pvc and the nissan dealer priced it to me at just over $5 a pop.....dealer #13217-4m501

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Okay well thanks to greenbean and ianh i have solved a couple of problems but my other question is still in the air. That is what do i do for gaskets? Do i use forma gasket or do i use true gaskets

·
Block Rockin Beats
117 Posts
I only did the valve cover gasket on my Celica, it was rubber and it was just fine. I recommend getting the gasket made for the car.

·
Registered
4,208 Posts
I would either clean and reuse the original or buy an OEM spec replacement if it is un-usable.
Wes reported that he re-uses them, so that must be OK.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Everybody, I am a new member here and I have related question to this thread. Forgive me if this is not the right place.
(94 Sentra GA16DE) I had a an oil leak into the spark plug tube. A local mechanic removed the valve cover and tried to reseal with black RTV. What a disaster. The engine immediadely started burning large quantities of oil. The PCV system was clogged with RTV which got all over inside the valve cover. I suspect the oil return inside the head is clogged and oil is accumulating over the valve seals.

My question is where in the head is the oil return and how do I clear it??
Thanks in advance for you help.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Go to a junkyard and get another valve cover.Get a new set of spark plug tube seals and a valve cover gasket seal.The spark plug tube seals are very easy to change.All you need to do is to use a hammer and hit a flathead screwdriver in at the edge of the seal and pry it out.When you put the new one in,just hit it in evenly.Over time these seals get brittle and start leaking oil.

A really good engine flush may help you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts