Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
im leaking what looks like brake fluid from the front passenger side. I have looked at it and cannot find where the leak is. Thought it was the line to the caliper, but its not leaking at all. Had a buddy come over today to give me a hand and neither of us have any idea. Does anyone have any suggestions or common issues that are known?:lame:

·
Nissan Technician
826 Posts
No clue man! Put a cardboard under it and see where it drips and then follow it straight up to a source. What color is it and what is it's consistency?

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yellowish clear. Real smooth and no feel. Feels like really fresh full synthetic oil, never been close to this car, the only thing I can think of is the strut. Anyone that has blown a G2 front strut do you remember the color of the fluid? the strut stills seems fine but im really running out of ideas here.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK now the drivers side is showing fluid to. Im really starting to think it has to be the power steering. I still cant find a leak but the fluid is getting lower in it every day. Is my steering rack possibly going bad?

Oh and hey guys this isnt me doing a blog. Just open your minid and think of some of the crap you have seen.

·
Registered
430 Posts
blog? wtf?

what year's your car?
has it got corrosion? sat in bad weather for extended periods of time?

brake fluid is clear yellow.

like he said... p/s fluid is a reddish color, but can also be clear yellow i think.

but it wouldn't come off the corners of your car if it was p/s fluid... there's no p/s components out by your brake lines.

only thing there is brake hydralics.

it can leak from both ends of the rubber line, or the rubber line itself.
it can also leak from the calipers themselves where the caliper piston is. the piston has rubber boots to seal it.

only other spot is the brake bleeder.

if some asshole opened your bleeder cuz he doesn't like you, it will take a few pumps to get the fluid out and then all of a sudden you wont' have brakes while you're on the road.

lol... no i don't do crap like that, i'm not a fed.

do your brakes still have strong stopping power or do they feel spongier or are they completely gone?

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
93 se 1.6. Yeah the power steering is yellow in mine. It has the usual rust on the rocker panels, as for the brakes they are still pretty good. No one loosened the bleeder im the only dumbass messing with the car. I was changing the belts and removing the ac when this started. Had to move the PS reservoir when I did that. Just off to the side not disconnected. Also removed the caliper to check the pads was going to replace them but are fine. Also car used to pull to left when braking. No longer does that, but like I said the brakes feel fine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts