Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found leakage that is antifreeze. I took it to a place and he said it was leaking from the intake manifold. I called another place and he said that I would need to replace my gasket and have my antifreeze flushed.

1. what is the average price for this type of replacement?

2. How can I know for sure that this is the problem?

newbie here so, don't beat me up to much.

It's from a 98 pathfinder. cute gold color too. Except for the doghair in the back. Hub needs to stop shedding or start shaving... Kidding!

xoxo

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
I found leakage that is antifreeze. I took it to a place and he said it was leaking from the intake manifold. I called another place and he said that I would need to replace my gasket and have my antifreeze flushed.

1. what is the average price for this type of replacement?

2. How can I know for sure that this is the problem?

newbie here so, don't beat me up to much.

It's from a 98 pathfinder. cute gold color too. Except for the doghair in the back. Hub needs to stop shedding or start shaving... Kidding!

xoxo

1. had it done on my 95 Pathfinder so it cost me about $500.

2. Ask them to pressure test your cooling system. Shine a light inside the top of the intake manifold and should be able to see it.

·
3,553 Posts
First, get a second opinion. Or a third. It could be leaking from many different places, several of which are easy to fix...shady mechanics abound...pay $500 to replace a hose and you have been ripped off. ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts