Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey anyone here know the rpms you would launch a stock 91 240 DOHC at to get optimum results? also when does the power stop getting made, ive heard 5900 rpms, but its got to be higher than that...

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
i launch my car depending on what car im against.......if its another i4 at about 3500, if its another 240 or v6 at 4000-4500, and i do nice that way, you need to find your own groove.

·
KA24DET
1,000 Posts
A real racing launch depends on your clutch. With my 6 puck clutch, I think the traditional bump and grind launch is the best. At go time, I have the RPMs low, then pump the throttle hard to get the turbo at full boost, then let off the throttle significantly as I engage the clutch. Wheel hop is reduced, and tire spin is minimal (well, significant, but still reduced) that way. Constant throttle and clutch drop is the worst way to launch. A quick hard push to the throttle, backing off as you let out the clutch, is the best launch for both N/A and turbo setups.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
well i got a stage 3 racing/ street clutch.....so yeah, i dont spin my tires at all on my launch....it grips on second, and third...use to on 4th but not its slipin

·
KA24DET
1,000 Posts
In the case of multidisk clutches, "bouncing" the revs during launch even further enhances the grip effect.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts