Nissan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
P.O.S. Truckdriver
2,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am just wanting to get some opinions on what everyone thinks the best rpm is to launch at. my car is a 95 200sx with a wai, 2" exhaust, advanced timing, 17" rims. i launced at 3k rpm's and got my best 60' but i should be getting better than a 2.6xx. thanks everyone

·
Registered
377 Posts
I laungh at around 3500-4000 and use drag radials at 16-20 psi. 60 foot times are 1.9-2.0 of I do it right. Street tires at 20 psi or so work pretty good but the drag tires make a big differance.

·
Registered
377 Posts
SERprise In WV said:
5,200rpm on Nitto drag radials, at 16-18psi, and let 'er rip. 1.98 60-ft times all day long, like that.

Of course, now with the T28, all that is out the window. :(
I bet. It's like drivin a new car now isn't it;)

·
P.O.S. Truckdriver
2,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well i can only run on street tires right now...40 profile at 32 psi...so if i launched at 5200 id be doing a burnout lol. i know low profile tires suck at the track..but i do not have enough mods yet to warrant drag tires.

·
P.O.S. Truckdriver
2,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
my best 60' was 2.6 somethin..i don't have the slip in front of me right now. i launched at 3000rpms. i bought some se-r rims though and somewhere down the road im going to put some drag radials on them...any suggestions on tires?

K

·
0 Posts
I just went to the track recently on Falken Azenis. 28psi, 4500 rpm launch, and a 2.187 60'. I feel like the poster boy for these tires, since I can't shut up about them. I've got a 97 200 SE-R w/ GC-AGX combo running 375/275 springs, and the ride with Azenis is almost like stock. But the grip, oh god the grip... I'm just waiting to see how long they actually last, though.
Jason

·
NPM Staff
105 Posts
I am running the Azenis on my stock G20 wheels too. At the track (road course) oh man they rule. On the street they are nice too, however I can feel that they have a pretty stiff sidewall. I've only drag raced with the azenis once. Trying them at the normal ~35 psi I wasn't able to hook up very well at all, however when i lowered them down to around 23psi that's when they started to kick ass. Unfortunately I only had 3 passes with them at that psi. First run i launched too high and spun them. Next two runs i bogged and still ran a 2.3x 60ft both times. :D I can't wait until I can make it back again.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts