Nissan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 03 se-r specv
lags when starting every so often it will crank right away but usually it just turns over quite a few times any one else had that problem?
thanks

·
Registered
844 Posts
they're known to have fuel pump issues, and cps issues, among other things. have you had the recalls and service bulletins done? do you let the fuel pump prime before you start it?

·
Registered
4 Posts
my 03 se-r specv
lags when starting every so often it will crank right away but usually it just turns over quite a few times any one else had that problem?
thanks
I actually have that problem in my 04. Pretty sure its just the fuel pump. Just dont have the time or drive to fix it lol

·
Registered
844 Posts
if you're just replacing it with a stock one, it's no big deal. it's located under the back seat, just try not to have too much gas in the car when you do it

·
Registered
5 Posts
If the Service Engine Soon light is not on and you hear the starter cranks then it is your fuel pump. If the light IS ON you should scan the ecu for the code(s), it will most likely be you crank shaft positioning sensor wich is probably a recall you should repair at the dealer at no cost. i suggest swapping the engine (sr20)
VQ25 brings too many problems. i havent stopped fixing this car since the day it was purchased

·
Registered
126 Posts
My sister's car had the same problem, she had to take it to the dealership to get it fixed... luckily it was still under warranty.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts