Nissan Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I rode in the same model sentra with no mods and this sentra seems to lack its normal power even with a intake and exhaust. Whats the cheapest way I can go to gain the power I dont have. Note its has a rebuilt tranny and motor about a year and a half old. Also I want to put a body kit on it but nothing to agressive so which way do I go with that?

·
My ass, your face
3,520 Posts
tune up will do wonders

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanx

cHoPs said:
tune up will do wonders
Its funny I never thought about that, like my name says I'm a rookie. Maybe that should have been the first thing I've done instead of adding a couple mods. Thanks

·
Spidey One
164 Posts
Definitely a tune up will do wonders for your car. When I got my car about 2 years ago, I had to put atleast 600 dollars under the hood tuning up and replacing all the worn down parts. I like to work from the inside out...

One thing I haven't done was advance my timing...I'll have to read up on that.

:cheers:

·
Banned
22 Posts
honestly, i dont think that tune ups really give you the power you need, because they just replace what the factory came with, so you basically get no gains. a cheap mod that i did was the unorthodox racing pulleys, it works great, also you can purchase some new spark plugs, a set of bosch +4 platinum is what i have. they are also really cheap.

·
Soggy GloryHoler
792 Posts
MaK786 said:
honestly, i dont think that tune ups really give you the power you need, because they just replace what the factory came with, so you basically get no gains. a cheap mod that i did was the unorthodox racing pulleys, it works great, also you can purchase some new spark plugs, a set of bosch +4 platinum is what i have. they are also really cheap.
Actually, tune ups replace the power you lost from negligent maintenance. Its not a performance upgrade, its common sense. Your cars not going to run right if you have clogged filters, leaky vacuum lines, bad plugs etc. If you car is lacking power its usually because it needs a tune up, its usually more effective than many mods since they dont perform good if your engine isnt.

·
Spidey One
164 Posts
MaK786 said:
honestly, i dont think that tune ups really give you the power you need, because they just replace what the factory came with, so you basically get no gains. a cheap mod that i did was the unorthodox racing pulleys, that i bought from liuspeedtuning.com, it works great, also you can purchase some new spark plugs, a set of bosch +4 platinum is what i have. they are also really cheap.
Exactly what 91 said...tune-ups replace the power you lost by worn out parts that need replacing. One's concern should be their engine first...then the mods...but that's just my thinking.

·
absolutely classic
455 Posts
MaK786 said:
a set of bosch +4 platinum is what i have. they are also really cheap.
They are cheap and our cars don't like them, stick with the NGK stock plugs. Expect the bosch to start making the car run worse within 2-3k miles.

·
i pwn your mom
5,439 Posts
here is one thing y ou should always remember, you pay to play... in order to have a high hp and fast car, you will have to pay.. i fyou want power, get quality parts. its not usually worth it to buy cheap products, cuz they tend to break or fall apart. trust me i have taken that route.

·
Registered
19 Posts
a tune up work wonders !!!!

try NGK iradium spark plugs........they're great.......you can advance the ignition timing....

REPLACEABLE TUNE UP PARTS :

engine oil and filter....tranny oil ......fuel filter.....air filter.....spark plugs....alternator belt...air condition & power steering belt.......

1 - 12 of 12 Posts