Nissan Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok I got a 02 alti 2.5S satin white, and would like to trade it in for the 2.5SL Crystal Blue 03 model (trading in might as well upgrade one model)...I've had the car for approx 8months and it has 9300miles on it, If I can (which most likely I WILL) get them to pay off my car, to get the other...should I get it??

I really want to, but would like opionions on this.....also what probz from the 02 were/are fixed and not fixed in the 03 model?

mahaloz
Jason

·
Registered
268 Posts
No!!!!!!! You are going to get Killed...in addition let's say you paid 20,000.00 for youir first car and you still owe 18,000.

If they pay off your 18K and you get a new one for say 22K

Now you have a 22K car that you just drove off of the lot...and is now worth 19K

But the kicker is you have a loan for 40 K and you still have an Altima.

Now if your current car is paid off..you are good to go

Good luck...I wish I was your salesman;)

·
Registered
641 Posts
wild willy said:
No!!!!!!! You are going to get Killed...in addition let's say you paid 20,000.00 for youir first car and you still owe 18,000.

Now you have a 22K car that you just drove off of the lot...and is now worth 19K

Willy sold me on a G35, he is smooth, definately sales material;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
wild willy said:

I dont really understand what u just put, but in a way I do...can u brake it down just a tad bit more....mahaloz

·
Registered
268 Posts
SLEEPNS12 said:
I dont really understand what u just put, but in a way I do...can u brake it down just a tad bit more....mahaloz
I am not certain what you just said up there^

I just re-read what I said up above...I was still hung over..sorry

Depending on what the dealer will give you for your 02...if you break even you should be alright... if you owe more than the car is worth...which a lot of people do...that difference will have to be added to the purchase price of the new car. So you could end up with a new car and a loan that is 5K or more than the value of your new car.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
haha damn man all u had to say was rollover...yea I know all about that, and well I KNOW I can get what I want for this alti, my fren gave it to us for a VERY good price, didnt even hit retail....so that department is good..
thanx

·
Registered
268 Posts
I sure would not do it...The cars has not been improved to the point where I would want an 03. I would wait a few years I think the car will really be right by 04-05 model years. Besides..when the new Max comes out, you may want that.

Whatever you decide Good Luck!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
new MAxima- too high of a down payment, too hi of a price, and too high of a monthly, and too high of INS...

interior feels the same as the altima, just a tad more power..that is all...

thanx for the suggestion tho

·
Registered
268 Posts
SLEEPNS12 said:
new MAxima- too high of a down payment, too hi of a price, and too high of a monthly, and too high of INS...

interior feels the same as the altima, just a tad more power..that is all...

thanx for the suggestion tho

I don't know..Oct of 01 I could have had a loaded max cheaper than the alti...Much better finance rates too

·
Registered
169 Posts
wild willy said:
I don't know..Oct of 01 I could have had a loaded max cheaper than the alti...Much better finance rates too
June of 02 I could have had a new Max, loaded for 1000 less.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Ratwayne said:
Nov 08 0f 02 I could of had a G35 aero for more money than I got:D
Rat,
This deal is STILL available. :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts