Nissan Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recieved a few things in the mail today... ;)

Now I have a completely rebuilt, overly-beefed, totally strong-ass steering setup from L&P Performance. Lee built me the first prototypes of the shear-braced idler and pitman arms he's going to sell as part of the complete steering system setup. :D

Install will come this weekend if it doesn't rain and I have the time. Woohoo!

·
Icy Hot Stunta
2,366 Posts
88pathoffroad said:
I recieved a few things in the mail today... ;)

Now I have a completely rebuilt, overly-beefed, totally strong-ass steering setup from L&P Performance. Lee built me the first prototypes of the shear-braced idler and pitman arms he's going to sell as part of the complete steering system setup. :D

Install will come this weekend if it doesn't rain and I have the time. Woohoo!
Hey do you want to do a write up on this system for NPM? It looks cool!

·
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can do that. Just have to rebuild the starter for my van, get that going so I can drive it, and tear off the front end of the Pathfinder. ;) I also have to rebuild a CV axle and replace my LCA bushings. Yey for lots of suspension and steering work... I think. :/

·
Icy Hot Stunta
2,366 Posts
88pathoffroad said:
I can do that. Just have to rebuild the starter for my van, get that going so I can drive it, and tear off the front end of the Pathfinder. ;) I also have to rebuild a CV axle and replace my LCA bushings. Yey for lots of suspension and steering work... I think. :/
any updates?

·
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Due to crappy weather, all I've gotten done to date is painting the CL and arms. I hope to be able to install the complete system tomorrow if the weather allows.

Damn Pathfinder doesn't fit in my garage anymore. :(

·
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Woohoo, finally installed

I finally had the time and fair weather enough to get my L&P steering system installed. I'll let the pics do the rest of the talking on this one. ;)

Boy, does it steer easily now. I like it! I'm going to run it with the steering stabilizer off for the time being and see how it goes. Yes, that's a one-off idler arm brace, I made it myself.

·
Icy Hot Stunta
2,366 Posts
88pathoffroad said:
I finally had the time and fair weather enough to get my L&P steering system installed. I'll let the pics do the rest of the talking on this one. ;)

Boy, does it steer easily now. I like it! I'm going to run it with the steering stabilizer off for the time being and see how it goes. Yes, that's a one-off idler arm brace, I made it myself.
Still going to do an article for NPM? Let me know.

·
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What would I write up? How to remove stock steering components, throw them away, and install the L&P setup? It's very very simple stuff.

·
Icy Hot Stunta
2,366 Posts
88pathoffroad said:
What would I write up? How to remove stock steering components, throw them away, and install the L&P setup? It's very very simple stuff.
Like discribing the construction, how its better than stock and how it works.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts