Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 99 sentra with kyb agx struts and ground control coil overs. Heres my problem.. since the day i have installed this setup im getting an odd sound when i make very sharp turns.. its almost like the top hats are not turning and its binding the springs causing them to make a weired sound. If i lube up the tops of the top hats where the bearings are it almost goes away completely for a few days but then comes right back. I have looked at the springs and they have not twisted around at all from the day i put them in. I'm really confused on what could be causing this sound? :confused: Any help would be great!! :)

·
Registered
177 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hmmm i like the cutting of the perch idea.. only problem there lies if for some odd reason [ and knowing my bad luck i would] needed to reinstall stock springs i would be screwed because of the missing perch =/ but its no biggie over time most of the sounds have gone away quite a bit.. or im eather just really used to it.. it could possibly be the ebay brand strut tower bars i have.. because the mounting plates on those things SUCK! the wholes are bigger than the bolts thus could be causing the mounts to slide around a bit makeing an annoying sound.. but as longs as no damage is being done wont bother me.. just crank up the radio and drown out the squeaking haha =]

·
Registered
41 Posts
Ha, Ha, ihave the same car with the same setup except i have stillen camber plates and tein solid mounts in the rear. the noise you hear is the springs binding up due to no lubrication in the top hat assy. use a real thick lube like wheel bearing grease and make sure you cover the entire strut upper bearing assy, you should be fine. you may have to do this every 2-3 months. i am a tech so it's not a big deal but it may be a pain the the a#$ for you. It won't damage anything. What else have you done to the car?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts