Nissan Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
howdy. my car gets better and better every passing day, that said.... I am looking into a fair-priced suspension upgrade to keep me happy for a while and so I won't be bumped into the next category of cars for autoX. All I have heard about from people down here is KYBs are the way to go if you are keeping stock springs. The KYBs are adjustable and look fairly nice. I can get a set with new strut mounts for ~$450, front and rear. The main issue I am combating is body roll and snatching. stock suspension (300K easy)+drifting=unpredictable recovery at speed. Is this the way I should go?? is there another upgrade I should look into first?

My rear end is whining and starting to drive me nuts at lower speeds (approx 50mph). I have heard of possible quick-fixs, but i'd like to fix the problem and if possible, go to limited slip. I've heard of the 300zx non turbo, rx7, and aftermarket rear ends, but what is my best option?? I do a combo of drift and grip driving, so a 1.5 should about do it. I'd also like to keep the gear ratios the same. any info will help. thanks.

truman
peace

·
Registered
43 Posts
i wouldn't reccomend keeping stock springs, if you get new struts.

look around your local shops and try to get a deal on kyb agx + tein stech. all for $500.

aftermarket lsds are not cheap. maybe you should look into getting a used vlsd from a 240.

as for the whining... when that happened to my car it was because the ball bearing hub assembly was worn down and old. so i had to replace it all. and it was expensive. i dont remember the exact price but i payed around 500 to get the parts if i remember correctly.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts